545 replies to this topic

#31 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

Agreed Ward and The Staal line have to step it up even more so in this series. GO CANES!!!!

The old Staal line needs to step up. Ruutu put one in in Game 7 but Cole was scoreless during the series and looked like he was pressing a lot.

#32 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

I think cole has lost a step....would not be suprised to see him switched to another line....Maybe switch him and Sammy....Brindy may be able to get him out of the funk??

#33 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

I think cole has lost a step....would not be suprised to see him switched to another line....Maybe switch him and Sammy....Brindy may be able to get him out of the funk??

I'd rather see Jussi moved up over Sergei. The reason Sergei produced later in the season is because they let him dangle against the 2nd and 3rd defensive lines and just killed them with his speed and that is a matchup we need to stick with. I think playing with Cullen will help Cole more than Roddy would though because Cullen is the second best playmaker on the team.

#34 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

I'd rather see Jussi moved up over Sergei. The reason Sergei produced later in the season is because they let him dangle against the 2nd and 3rd defensive lines and just killed them with his speed and that is a matchup we need to stick with. I think playing with Cullen will help Cole more than Roddy would though because Cullen is the second best playmaker on the team.

The only problem with moving Jussi is we lose a 4th center...We only have 3 now...jussi is a winger capable of playing center...

#35 dbeat

dbeat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Goal!!

#36 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

1-1 after 1

#37 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,552 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

What I say about Ward?

#38 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

We got get our defense working.....We left Cam out to dry a couple of times. Need to get better looks at the goal. Move as a team....I am not worried. the last four series we won we lost game one.

#39 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

After the first period we stopped playing our game. Thats when defense assignments get messed up and we made some awful turnovers,but look we out shot them. Plus I think this time we might actually get a powerplay before the last 5 mins of the 3rd period. We also killed off all there power play chances. Yes a loss stings but you can build off this! Go Canes!

#40 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

It's pretty amazing how flawlessly that team passes across ice. And they take advantage of EVERY break they get. We are going to have to play more as a team to beat these guys.

#41 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

i think if we can score early... that will throw there game plan off. Sunday night we will see. I am still excited as hell and listening to the teams audio they know they put up a stinker and they will be better. I am getting excited again... Go Canes!

#42 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

We gotta have better passing and minimize mistakes....the B's will exploit every mistake we make. Bet there Defense with speed. We win game TWO...count on it

#43 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

I was feeling down after watching that game.

Then I remembered just how flawless Jersey looked in Game 1.

I felt better after remembering that.

#44 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

It's Sunday and that means Game 2 tonight at 7:30. Pretty excited to see what adjustments Maurice made. We are going to have to get more shots from the point with a man in front of the net. Tim Thomas as been playing great, and we have to make sure he can not see the puck when we shoot. Should be a much better game this time. Until then, watch Detroit play the Ducks at 2:00 on NBC.

#45 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

I just listened to the audio after the morning skate. They seem focused...even a lil pissed at the way they played. I expect a much better game. Only 3.5 hours to go!!! Go Canes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.