Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan Patrick Says Schefter Reporting That Vilma Is Appealing

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

so everyone who wanted the details, here they come.

maybe

Posted · Report post

We all know he's not overturning a thing. Fug him and the Saints**

Posted · Report post

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Saints* LB Jonathan Vilma officially has appealed his year-long suspension.

Straight from the beaver's teet.

Posted · Report post

..for anyone in the know, how does the appeal process work? Does there have to be grounds for an appeal like in federal court? Is there an automatic appeal like with the death penalty? Is there automatically grounds for appeal with any suspension (likely with the NFLPA negotiations)? Or can you just say "I appeal"?

just wondering because if you have to show grounds for an appeal, even though it could be circumstantial and vague, somebdoy obviously thinks they have a case.

Of course they (NFLPA) could be appealing the sentence alone based on precedent and are taking a big risk IMO of having Goodell come out with more details that led to such a lengthy sentence.

If, of course, there are any such details.

popcorn ready?

Posted · Report post

so he's appealing to goodell?

good luck.

Posted · Report post

Big deal. We all know Vilma want get back in this year. Godell will deny him acess. So time to move on.

Posted · Report post

Goodell should say "Ok I've changed my mind. I am going to change my punishment. I will remove the year long suspension. I will then make it a year and a half long suspension instead. Deal with it."

Posted · Report post

Goodell should say "Ok I've changed my mind. I am going to change my punishment. I will remove the year long suspension. I will then make it a year and a half long suspension instead. Deal with it."

:ph34r: :P

Posted · Report post

I don't think anything will change either of course but I want to see who or what is going to get thrown under the bus to substantiate an appeal based on the verbiage in the release we read last week that Mr. Scot linked.

Posted · Report post

not sure if I'm right but I think you have a window to appeal on a decision. if that is past you can't appeal.

The appeal actually goes back to the commissioner so I'm not sure how fair it is.

if you still don't agree you can take it to the sports arbitrary board but you have to have legitimate grounds then.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Ken.

I wonder if Goodell can jut laugh it off. He probably wants to but will not give the NFLPA a chip to play next time the CBA comes up. Like many appeals this is just probably an attempt to get under the skin of the office of the commish. I doubt we get a response today from Goodell. NFLPA reps are just fishing for something to be released to the press that is defaming and hard to prove.

effing lawyers and their "games"

Posted · Report post

who dat? roger goodell bitch