20 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Malone will meet with Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins and general manager Rich Cho.

Malone is considered one of the NBA's elite head-coaching candidates. He was the runner-up for the Warriors' job that went to Mark Jackson last year. The Warriors then made Malone the league's highest-paid assistant at $750,000 a year, hiring him to lead Jackson's staff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--bobcats-to-interview-mike-malone.html;_ylt=AnYiDiGYfTl46YQV87DlHJoLcykA;_ylu=X3oDMTFsYmxwdDFlBG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGhvcgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXhUZW1w;_ylg=X3oDMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

#2 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

My 1st choice. I've been reading about him for a while now. Players have some serious respect for him. Rumor has it Dwight mentioned his name last year when he suggested having Van Gundy replaced.

#3 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yeah I'm sure the bobcats will be able to compete for a premiere coaching candidate against the Magic.

If the guy wants to advance his career, he should stay far far far away from the bobcats.

#4 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

This would be a good hire. Would rather him than Sloan

#5 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

What I've read so far looks very good. Nice place to start.

#6 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

How long has he been there? Did he help mold Steph?

Also what exactly makes him such a hot commodity?

#7 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

If the guy wants to advance his career, he should stay far far far away from the bobcats.

A promotion from assistant to head coach is an advance in career, even if it is with a bad team.

#8 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

A promotion from assistant to head coach is an advance in career, even if it is with a bad team.

thanks dr.octavian. wasn't sure.

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Is he white? Eh, no thanks... Don't want to give nostalgists any ground on whitewashing our franchise and erasing our history.

/Bobcats Forum accepted posting style

#10 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Is he white? Eh, no thanks... Don't want to give nostalgists any ground on whitewashing our franchise and erasing our history.

Take a good look ladies and gentleman. This is what a disgruntled Hornets fluffer post like. Diddy's gone off the deep end. At least he doesnt have to lie to us or himself anymore that he's a Bobcat fan. We accept and understand he's against us. He hopped on the newest fad rather than tough it out with us. That's his choice. His anger should be directed at himself for being a quitter and so self defeatist.

#11 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yeah we need affirmative action with the bobcats! If he ain't black, take him back!!!

#12 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Take a good look ladies and gentleman. This is what a disgruntled Hornets fluffer post like. Diddy's gone off the deep end. At least he doesnt have to lie to us or himself anymore that he's a Bobcat fan. We accept and understand he's against us. He hopped on the newest fad rather than tough it out with us. That's his choice. His anger should be directed at himself for being a quitter and so self defeatist.

what do you mean....us

#13 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Back on topic, here's a Sorensen article about Malone.

http://www.charlotte...terviewing.html

...in here, Sorensen describes him as the NBA's version of a "must-have" defensive coordinator in the NFL. Sounds like this guy could be a home run if he decides to take his talents to Trade St.

#14 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Everyone knows the truth.

I'm a Charlotte Bobcats fan, if we become the Hornets, I'm a Charlotte Hornets fan.

What I'm not a fan of is someone who is supposed to be a mod enacting censorship in a forum regarding our franchise simply because he can't deal with reality. If that's how you deal with things in your everyday life, then you are a sad human being.

I don't apologize for not taking a forum seriously when I'm not allowed to discuss every aspect of my franchise, especially when there are issues coming from legitimate news sources.

So, if this is the "Bobcats" forum, I'll post according to what has been found acceptable.

#15 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I'd take Malone over some neanderthal like Ewing in a heartbeat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users