<

Photo
- - - - -

20 Of Our 22 Starters Were Originally Drafted By Us

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#61 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Our record just means John Fox was bad, Jerry Richardson dumped everyone in 2010 so that doesn't count, and last year we are rebuilding. We got this. In Rivera and Hurney we trust. You guys can live in the past while us realist enjoy the Superbowl.

#62 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Offense
1.Cam
2.Williams or Stewart
3.Gross
4.Silatolu
5.Kaili
6.Hangartner
7.Otah
8.Steve Smith
9.Brandon Lafell
10.David Gettis
11. Greg Olsen(which we acquired via a draft pick)

Defense
1.Hardy or Alexander
2.Charles Johnson
3.Chris Gamble
4.Munnerlyn,Norman, Or Hogan
5.Fua,Mcclain or Neblett
6.Charles Godfrey
7.Kuechly
8.Beason
9.Anderson or Davis

Theres 20 assuming Martin gets beat out in camp, right now are # 2 tight end Barnidge was also drafted.

Looks like we have managed to draft a damn good offensive line, great running backs, phenomenal QB, Awesome #1 receiver, Lafells on his way to being a solid # 2 and possible good depth behind them in Gettis,Adams and Pilares. never had a chance to draft a decent t.e. since Fox didn't see a need for them but as soon as he left we acquired to good ones in Olsen and Shockey.

Then on D which is being rebuilt has 4 good and if healthy potentially 3 great linebackers, a very good Defensive end in Johnson,decent projects at DT, a shutdown corner, good nickel corner(Munnerlyn) and 2 nice projects in Hogan and Norman at corner. A solid safety in Godfrey, Then who knows what Alexander will turn out to be and as i mentioned earlier Hardy has some potential as well.

You can't say 20 starters drafted by us then include Olsen because we traded a pick for him. That is fuging retarded.

#63 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Our record just means John Fox was bad, Jerry Richardson dumped everyone in 2010 so that doesn't count, and last year we are rebuilding. We got this. In Rivera and Hurney we trust. You guys can live in the past while us realist enjoy the Superbowl.

I don't normally say anything about grammar but that is just too funny. And enjoying a Superbowl we have yet to win sounds more like a fortune teller than a realist.

#64 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

You can't say 20 starters drafted by us then include Olsen because we traded a pick for him. That is fuging retarded.

make it 19 then if that makes you feel better

#65 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Maybe it's just me but I question a few assessments that are deemed fact by many posters on this board.

Fox is a bad coach. Maybe or maybe not, but he had a job the moment his contract was up here.

And.

We dumped a ton of vets that would have won us more games in 2010. Who were these players, and how many more games would they have won us. Who picked up these "awesome" vets?

#66 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

I liked our draft this year. I def still would have chose Cox over Kuechly but he was not a bad pick. After that we had a monster of a draft if you ask me.

#67 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

Maybe it's just me but I question a few assessments that are deemed fact by many posters on this board.

Fox is a bad coach. Maybe or maybe not, but he had a job the moment his contract was up here.

And.

We dumped a ton of vets that would have won us more games in 2010. Who were these players, and how many more games would they have won us. Who picked up these "awesome" vets?

I dont think anyone on here thinks Fox was a bad coach for the most part but the last few year he was here, he mailed it in. Fox is an avg coach that need talent around him to win. After Del Rio, Scott O'Brian, and Henning left the cracks in his game showed. You can only Parlay what other people did for so long.

#68 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

we were 2-14 and 6-10....dont pop the champagne yet

At this rate of tripling our wins every year we will go 18-1.

#69 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I don't normally say anything about grammar but that is just too funny. And enjoying a Superbowl we have yet to win sounds more let a fortune teller than a realist.

You are stupid if you dont think Hurney can get us to the Superbowl. Look at his track record grammer hammer.

#70 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

You are stupid if you dont think Hurney can get us to the Superbowl. Look at his track record grammer hammer.

Where did I say he couldn't?

#71 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Where did I say he couldn't?

Hurney WILL get us to the Superbowl. Why can't you understand that.

#72 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hurney WILL get us to the Superbowl. Why can't you understand that.

Literally nothing in my posts have said he wouldn't

#73 panthernation23

panthernation23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

So clauses and Armani were fox's fault even thOugh we drafted them knowing fox was leaving? The reason we can draft like those teams is for two reasons 1. Hurney is not as good as he thinks he is or our fans think he is, the other organizations have much better drafting. 2. Hurney and this fo are too loyal, contracts are big and we take care of our own rather than trade them and get value for them when we can. Teams like the eagles and pats and steelers cut and trade player instead of overpaying them. They are almost always on the obviously positive side of trades.

Hurney needs to stop being so loyal and learn to trade for value not for a player. At least that is what other teams are doing. These last few years have really sucked. My biggest thing with hurney over his whole time here is never touching the qb position until now. seems like a good team is being put together so hopefully he can redeem himself with a team he drafted. I'll be happy when I see wins.

The steelers and Patriots have basically traded their way out of becoming superbowl powerhouses. When they gut their roster for draft picks every year and then trade down to accumulate more players it left them devoid of superstar talent. I am not saying either of these teams are bad, however i would like to point out that getting rid of the players they had during there SB winning years has caused both of these teams to miss out on more superbowl wins.

#74 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

I don't normally say anything about grammar but that is just too funny. And enjoying a Superbowl we have yet to win sounds more like a fortune teller than a realist.

You don't have to be a fortune teller to predict a Superbowl for the Panthers. Look at the moves we made this offseason. Wow. Look at his track record and tell me how many guys actually have a better record than him. Don't count the years that Fox held him back either. You can go sit in the corners with the rest of the complainers if you don't believe.

#75 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

You don't have to be a fortune teller to predict a Superbowl for the Panthers. Look at the moves we made this offseason. Wow. Look at his track record and tell me how many guys actually have a better record than him. Don't count the years that Fox held him back either. You can go sit in the corners with the rest of the complainers if you don't believe.

Which definition of "realist" includes predicting the future?