Photo
- - - - -

Offensive Line Projections

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#51 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Lol ok man...I watched bell...didn't see him move anybody off the line. Stop being so condescending dude

Right I suppose you watch coaches footage? and that you watched every single snap? Didn't think so, go check the profootballfocus.com offensive line metrics. Also you don't have to move someone off the line to be a good run blocker.

I watched a good deal of his play as well, he is an above average run blocker its pass protection that he is awful at, he is better suited at G were he will not need to block speed rushers.

#52 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

I wouldn't re-sign Otah even if he does have a breakout year. Once he gets paid he's going to pull the same poo he has the past two years.

If Otah has a breakout year I see us putting the franchise tag on him- that should give us another good year out of him as even if he wants to walk the following year, he will have something to prove to other teams

#53 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yeah, if Otah has a great and healthy year it could come back to bite us. Hurney will want to give him a big extension and if his injury issues pop up again after this year we'd have wasted quite a bit of cap space on him.

I'd rather see what Bell has to offer, see if Campbell can play, or long-term draft our future LT to play RT until Gross retires.

#54 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Right I suppose you watch coaches footage? and that you watched every single snap? Didn't think so, go check the profootballfocus.com offensive line metrics. Also you don't have to move someone off the line to be a good run blocker.

I watched a good deal of his play as well, he is an above average run blocker its pass protection that he is awful at, he is better suited at G were he will not need to block speed rushers.

I don't like referencing that site because I like to form my own opinions of players...but they just prove my point anyways. They said bell was horrible in every phase of the game and our worst o-lineman by a longshot

#55 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Otah will get a hang nail and be out for the season this year. Im assuming Bell would be his replacement.

#56 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

If Otah has a breakout year I see us putting the franchise tag on him- that should give us another good year out of him as even if he wants to walk the following year, he will have something to prove to other teams

No way he gets franchised imo. The tag for OTs is probably close to $10 million. It would be insane to do that.

#57 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

No way he gets franchised imo. The tag for OTs is probably close to $10 million. It would be insane to do that.

Maybe not.

If he has a great season, but you want one more year to ensure that the injury is truly past him, investing $10M for that might be wiser than either of the following options:

1. Letting him walk and being a best elsewhere.
2. Signing him to a long-term contract and him not being fully recovered.

Not saying I love the idea, but it could be a real possibility....and actually a smart move.

Would be an interesting scenario.

#58 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Maybe not.

If he has a great season, but you want one more year to ensure that the injury is truly past him, investing $10M for that might be wiser than either of the following options:

1. Letting him walk and being a best elsewhere.
2. Signing him to a long-term contract and him not being fully recovered.

Not saying I love the idea, but it could be a real possibility....and actually a smart move.

Would be an interesting scenario.

Could also put the transitional tag on him and still get good competition for him if he was picked up by another team.

#59 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I can see Otah having a probowl season. 3 main reasons.
1. Hopefully the years off to heal has sparked his desire to play the game
2. It is a contract determining year
3. Real competition at his position

#60 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

I hope Ziemba doesn't get cut.