#16 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

The roles outlined are about a 4-3 in general not as specifically noted to what we run as our base defense which is a Jim Johnson 4-3 under .
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/2/28/2831884/the-panthers-defense-a-treatise-on-the-jim-johnson-4-3-part-i

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/3/3/2840467/the-panthers-defense-a-treatise-on-the-jim-johnson-4-3-part-ii

http://bleacherrepor...d-ryan-defenses

The biggest question though is how well will both Beason and Davis play given the injuries. We can't assume either will be able to do everything noted in those combine times given they are both coming off major injuries. This post assumes they are both 100% of what they were coming out of college which may not be close to what they can do. They will be put where they are best utilized based on their current abilities and strengths not where they were a few years ago or when they came into the league.

#17 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Thomas Davis ran like a 4.47 back in 2010 after his 1st acl tear.

http://sports.espn.g...=nfl&id=5248366

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Thomas Davis ran like a 4.47 back in 2010 after his 1st acl tear.

http://sports.espn.g...=nfl&id=5248366

How was his 3 cone then, which tells you more about his lateral speed not straight line speed which is always the easiest to regain on an ACL.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

I dont really care about Beason's experience in the MIKE, as I think Kuechly could be inserted there and play great as well.

i don't care how smart kuechly is....there would be some learning curve that would hold back the defense compared to the way it would be if beason were in the middle running things.

don't take lightly the knowledge beason has because of his experience.

#20 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

In a true JJ43 the MLB blitzes more than the WLB I believe.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

I don't care who plays MLB this year....but it is pretty clear Luke will take it over eventually if he turns out to be what Carolina believes he is....people need to accept that obvious reality.

#22 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Personally I would never ev en consider moving a vet like Beason in favor of a rook. I do believe that they all will rotate based on the scheme, but primarily to get Kuechly on the field.

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,012 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Personally I would never ev en consider moving a vet like Beason in favor of a rook. I do believe that they all will rotate based on the scheme, but primarily to get Kuechly on the field.

If Beason were not coming off a major injury, I don't think there would be any question that he would stay in the middle. But he is.

I think that RR will make the call based on how Beason comes back. Mike LB plays sideline to sideline. If Beason has lost a step, he could very well be moved outside.

WR will have to wait and see. Either way, I live our LB corps.

#24 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

If hes not 100% healthy he shouldnt be playing any LB position...

#25 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

If Beason were not coming off a major injury, I don't think there would be any question that he would stay in the middle. But he is.

I think that RR will make the call based on how Beason comes back. Mike LB plays sideline to sideline. If BrDon has list a step, he could very well be moved outside.

WR will have to wait and see. Either way, I live our LB corps.

after finally understandin what you were trying to say, I agree, but moving Beason to me, wouldn't be a consideration until after I see how he comes back!

#26 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

i don't care how smart kuechly is....there would be some learning curve that would hold back the defense compared to the way it would be if beason were in the middle running things.

don't take lightly the knowledge beason has because of his experience.

The bigger question might be what the learning curve will be for all the linebackers depending on how different this scheme will be from what they ran under Fox. Neither Beason or Davis got to play last year although you assume that they got a lot out of attending meetings and watching film and practice. Assuming we installed much of the defense last year. I got the sense we ran a pretty vanilla defense which is only a shadow of what we will run this year. It should be a big learning curve for all the defensive guys.

#27 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

after finally understandin what you were trying to say, I agree, but moving Beason to me, wouldn't be a consideration until after I see how he comes back!

Question.

Let's say Beason as an individually a better player at MLB than WLB.

That said, let's also assume for the question that Rivera can put together the best overall D on the field if moves Beason to WLB.

Do you want Beason at WLB or MLB under that scenario?

#28 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,659 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Saw it was Dash, left the thread

#29 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Question.

That said, let's also assume for the question that Rivera can put together the best overall D on the field if moves Beason to WLB.

No question, you go with whatever setup,that gives you the best D possible. If that means Beason at WLB so be it. Still think Kuechly will be a better WLB than Beason

#30 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Question.

that's a hypothetical question. Beason is our MLB, unless his injury prevents it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.