Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murph

War on Christmas continues

62 posts in this topic

War on Hanukkah!

Actually this is outright wrong on so many levels. Those councilmen obviously are not in the current know about legal proceedings. That Supreme Court case has been broken down and modified by many state supreme courts that will allow some religious symbols on gvt property (like a manger) IF secular symbols are there also. Hanukkah, unlike Christmas, has very few symbols at all so it is highly limited.

Just for pure spite, if I was that Rabbi, I would get the largest, ugliest decoration of a dradle and sue the local government into allowing it with the Christmas decorations. Might get those idiots to wake up and listen to the majority of public opinions and desires and not the special interests of the few (and their legal threats).

http://www.erikrush.com/columns/NYT_121706.htm

I'm filing a complaint with the company I work for....was just at our HQ in RI and noticed there was a Christmas tree in the cafeteria but no candle holder for the Jews or bowl of fruit for the blacks. That's just wrong.

Back in my day we called that "compromise."

Back in my day, majority of votes/opinions made the rules. Not threats of lawsuits and protests by the offended.

When given the chance, people will speakout...with their wallets

Kinda surprised the article didn't say that the poor turnout was most likely a result of the down economy :)

Back in my day, majority of votes/opinions made the rules. Not threats of lawsuits and protests by the offended.

Luckily for us, our country and it's institutions weren't founded in such a dark era.

Luckily for us, our country and it's institutions weren't founded in such a dark era.

Disagree completely. The Declaration of Independence was unanimously approved by representatives of all our states (I think they were called states by then). Even though there were a few reps. inside each state who disagreed they were outvoted by their other states members. No compromise needed.

What's it called when the wishes of the many are crushed by the wishes of the few?

It's called fascism.

(stir dat pot)