Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eyewitness account of Air Force One's photo-op

85 posts in this topic

Posted

frankly, here in NY, it's seen as stupid, but nobody's really up in arms about it. People were pissed but now they're over it for the most part.

Posted

frankly, here in NY, it's seen as stupid, but nobody's really up in arms about it. People were pissed but now they're over it for the most part.

of course they are...you have spoken.

Posted

of course they are...you have spoken.

hey, I just live here. You go ahead and get all worked up by the television.

Posted

They should be over it by now. But I bet the sight of a low-flying plane being chased by fighter jets didn't sit well when it happened.

It's all part of the liberal plan to downplay 9/11 to the point where it almost didn't happen.

Posted

panthers lover did you feel this strongly when they played new footage of 9/11 out of nowhere at the RNC, because while i think this was stupid, everyone overreacting is even more stupid.

Playing such footage (as ill-advised as it might have been) in no way evoked panic from those viewing that footage in a controlled and limited venue. To believe that the reaction of New Yorkers who were fearing that 9/11 was being revisited on them is stupid is to discount very real, personal emotions and shows an utter disregard for them and for the impact 9/11 actually had. Extremely insensitive and dare I say, stupid, on your part.

Posted

hey, I just live here. You go ahead and get all worked up by the television.

So, you can speak for the entire population (and government) of NYC. Great. Let Mayor Blumeberg know ....

Posted

Let me call my some of my cousins who are FDNY and find out their reaction....

"Dude we got Sanchez!!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS"

Posted

So, you can speak for the entire population (and government) of NYC. Great. Let Mayor Blumeberg know ....

I don't recall saying that. I don't think anyone can speak for all of NY, but I'm sure the city of NY would be flattered that you're on a message board defending those that I've left out.

And a note; if you're going to insert yourself into my local politics and defend New Yorkers (people you know even less about than I do) against what you perceive to be my misrepresentations, you'd do well to spell the mayor's name correctly.

Posted

PLwned

Posted

This thread is about the ignorance of those in this administration who thought the photo-op was a good idea, and who had no common sense regarding how fresh (yes, even after nearly 8 years) 9/11 images are for the people of New York. It wasn't just unthinking, it was uncaring. I cannot believe that not one person who was in on the conversation planning this thought or expressed that perhaps this isn't a good idea. You think that 9/11 was a long time ago, but this shows just how fresh it is ... and the Obama Administration is responsible for needlessly making people in New York relive that horrific day. While it may not be of the magnitude of "starting a war" or some of the other things that people in this thread want to continue harping on regarding the Bush Administration, is it not unimportant. It's extremely important and shows that the issue of national security and personal safety are very high on people's minds, still. The fact that the administration doesn't recognize that is a cause for concern. Someone should be fired, at the very least.

Funny you have shown more outrage over this incident than over Bush's complete politicization of the justice department, illegal wire tapping, and a needless war that killed thousands of our troops.

gee, wonder why.

lol

Posted

Is it me or is every post Zod makes in the Tinderbox looking the exact same?

Posted

Is it me or is every post Zod makes in the Tinderbox looking the exact same?

like this? (pun intended?)

THE-BURNING-BUSH.jpg