84 replies to this topic

#16 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

Bombings are deserved on terrorist camps.

yeah you really seem to grasp all sides of the issue here

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,425 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

yeah you really seem to grasp all sides of the issue here

Why don't you create a thread and enlighten us all Fiz.

Otherwise...this is stupid.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:14 PM

Why don't you create a thread and enlighten us all Fiz.

how about you do your own research as to why indiscriminate bombing campaigns have historically failed and why they tend to push populations into the arms of extremists instead of waiting for me to take you by the hand and lead you into the bright, scary light of knowing what the fug you're talking about.

here's a start.

#19 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

This thread is about the ignorance of those in this administration who thought the photo-op was a good idea, and who had no common sense regarding how fresh (yes, even after nearly 8 years) 9/11 images are for the people of New York. It wasn't just unthinking, it was uncaring. I cannot believe that not one person who was in on the conversation planning this thought or expressed that perhaps this isn't a good idea. You think that 9/11 was a long time ago, but this shows just how fresh it is ... and the Obama Administration is responsible for needlessly making people in New York relive that horrific day. While it may not be of the magnitude of "starting a war" or some of the other things that people in this thread want to continue harping on regarding the Bush Administration, is it not unimportant. It's extremely important and shows that the issue of national security and personal safety are very high on people's minds, still. The fact that the administration doesn't recognize that is a cause for concern. Someone should be fired, at the very least.

#20 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

panthers lover did you feel this strongly when they played new footage of 9/11 out of nowhere at the RNC, because while i think this was stupid, everyone overreacting is even more stupid.

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

panthers lover did you feel this strongly when they played new footage of 9/11 out of nowhere at the RNC, because while i think this was stupid, everyone overreacting is even more stupid.

What do you mean, Fiz? People on this board overreacting, or the people in New York who shat themselves?

#22 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

What do you mean, Fiz? People on this board overreacting, or the people in New York who shat themselves?

both

#23 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

both

I'll agree with you on the board half of that, but the people in New York who went through 9/11....I cut them some slack.

#24 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

Of course it did have the presidential color scheme. The Air Force One planes are very susceptible to terrorist hijacking...

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

frankly, here in NY, it's seen as stupid, but nobody's really up in arms about it. People were pissed but now they're over it for the most part.

#26 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,425 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

frankly, here in NY, it's seen as stupid, but nobody's really up in arms about it. People were pissed but now they're over it for the most part.

of course they are...you have spoken.

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

of course they are...you have spoken.

hey, I just live here. You go ahead and get all worked up by the television.

#28 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

They should be over it by now. But I bet the sight of a low-flying plane being chased by fighter jets didn't sit well when it happened.

It's all part of the liberal plan to downplay 9/11 to the point where it almost didn't happen.

#29 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

Playing such footage (as ill-advised as it might have been) in no way evoked panic from those viewing that footage in a controlled and limited venue. To believe that the reaction of New Yorkers who were fearing that 9/11 was being revisited on them is stupid is to discount very real, personal emotions and shows an utter disregard for them and for the impact 9/11 actually had. Extremely insensitive and dare I say, stupid, on your part.

#30 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

hey, I just live here. You go ahead and get all worked up by the television.

So, you can speak for the entire population (and government) of NYC. Great. Let Mayor Blumeberg know ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com