Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Few ?'s For Those Convinced Hurney Sucks

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

1.How many GM's do you rank above him?

2.Would you rather have fired Hurney and kept Fox?

3.In the seasons we missed the playoffs under his and Fox's tenure(02,04,06,07,09,and 2010) do you feel like he was to blame for not supplying Fox with enough talent?

4.Did he do a bad job in building a team based of Fox's preferences?

5.Outside of trading up for Edwards and Brown what do you deem as his biggest failures and think he did them against Fox's will?

6.In our worst season under his era as GM (2010),do you not think this happened due to Richardson prepping for the lockout?

7. What are the biggest free agent additions you think we missed on because of him?

Posted · Report post

The only problem I have with Hurney is the Edwards and Brown trades. They were both well beyond stupid. The Delhomme extension was weird. Other than that I am good with him, so I will not participate.

Posted · Report post

Also, I am in total agreement with the build through draft-supplement through free agency philosophy.

Posted · Report post

The only problem I have with Hurney is the Edwards and Brown trades. They were both well beyond stupid. The Delhomme extension was weird. Other than that I am good with him, so I will not participate.

I agree the Edwards trade was dumb, but I also believe Fox at minimum was on board with the Brown trade if not the driving force behind it. I'd also argue he had a hand in the Delhomme extension.

Posted · Report post

This looks like more of a You Blame Fox thread, OP.

Posted · Report post

Really really can't wait for OTA's to start... At least then there will be threads worth opening!

Posted · Report post

7. Depth is what we missed out on....team has had little for a number of years. Not about one FA, all the bigger than needed contracts prevented us from better depth.

So when the injury bug has hit us it hurts....bad.

Posted · Report post

because we don't know the dynamic between hurney and fox, we don't really have much insight into which one of them was after a certain player, when they disagreed, etc. as such I am giving him a clean slate with rivera. so far so good.

Posted · Report post

Fired both of em

Probably

Sure

Drafting TD and Otah when his crystal ball told him they were going to be hurt

Reply hazy, try again later

All of them

Posted · Report post

This looks like more of a You Blame Fox thread, OP.

This is true, but I like Rivera and feel we are headed in the right direction under the Hurney/Rivera combo

Posted · Report post

1. Ted Thompson, Belichick are better. Honorable mention to Jerry Reese. Only guys that I have ever wished we had, the othets are no better and mostly worse than my boy Hurn.Cowher if he were in the league

Posted · Report post

OP.. its obvious you are trying to shift blame on Fox, but the reality is Fox won more with The Golden Calf of Bristol than Rivera could do with the team Hurney gave him...

I dont understand people who were glad to get rid of Fox, but happy to keep Hurney

1. is it Rivera's fault we had 2 rookies starting at DT, a position that most people agree takes about 2-3 years to develope in

2. was it smart to have no true back up for T. Davis who was coming off of 2 ACL injuries?

3. is Rivera responsible for having only 1 good CB (Gamble) to put on the field?

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments