Photo
- - - - -

Next Week's Cover Of Time Magazine ....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#46 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

lol @ the boob whisperer...I think every guy claims to be that

#47 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

beer is suppossed to help with supply issues too Jase. I'm not certain how much, but I want to say somewhere around 2 a week. It's something about the grains used to make the beer.

#48 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Jase, if you wife is having supply issues, I'm like the boob whisperer, I can help.

Have you tried Goats Rue? Go to the whole foods store and get a bottle of the liquid for 20 bucks, have your wife take it as directed and if that doesn't work, or she's already tried it let me know

Haven't tried that. We tried lecithin but it had some weird side effect but I don't remember what it was. When she falls behind she eats extra oatmeal to catch up.

Honestly it isn't as much a supply issue as it is our babies are/were MFin thirsty, especially our youngest now. He's eating about 30-35 oz a day at 3 months old. My wife pumps at work, and as I'm sure you know, pumping doesn't remove the milk as well as the baby does. I'm sure she would have less problems if she was able to directly feed him all the time.

#49 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

lol @ the boob whisperer...I think every guy claims to be that

There can be only one, and I am he

#50 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

Haven't tried that. We tried lecithin but it had some weird side effect but I don't remember what it was. When she falls behind she eats extra oatmeal to catch up.

Honestly it isn't as much a supply issue as it is our babies are/were MFin thirsty, especially our youngest now. He's eating about 30-35 oz a day at 3 months old. My wife pumps at work, as I'm sure you know, pumping doesn't remove the milk as well as the baby does. I'm sure she would have less problems if she was able to directly feed him all the time.

Yeah without being able to feed directly more often she could use help with the supply. Goats Rue will do it or you could just "help out" when needed. :ph34r:

My wife was making anywhere from 35-55oz per day before our daughter started solid foods. I seriously had a freezer with around 500oz of unused milk until she cleaned it out recently.

#51 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I see that despite mine and Jase' attempts this thread got serious...

My wife breastfed our kids and I thought it was fine... I mean, I don't get to touch her boobs anyway, so what's it matter... it really is the best thing for kids but feeding them formula isn't bad. I have a friend who has kids, is a great mom, but didn't breast feed her kids... her opinion was that her boobs were part of her sexuality and she wasn't comfortable with it... nothing wrong with either way imo.

#52 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Sorry Biscuit, tis my fault

#53 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

ti ts ok Z...

#54 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well at least we know how your wife feels about this, but what's your opinion really?

I can't fathom as a guy making a statement like this, it's just plain ignorant. You mentioned in your other post that if a woman is capable of making milk, but what about women who have inverted nipples, those who take medications that prevent them from breastfeeding, or those who work to support their household?

You're a smart guy Floppin, if you were to remove all women who CAN'T breastfeed for some reason you'd be left with a very select few who WON'T, and they have every right to make that choice, just ask MPF.

I feel lucky that not only is my wife able and willing, but she enjoys being able to provide our kids with the best possible option.

To the OP, breastfeeding kids older than 1 freaks me out, and a 3 year old?!?!? Jesus H Christ put the *** away and get a life.

Edit:seriously we can't say t i t?

I said women who are able to breastfeed. If you are physically unable to breastfeed, for any of the multitude of reasons, then obviously what I said wouldn't apply to you......

#55 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

And why can't you fathom a guy making a statement like that? That's the way that I see it. I was the one that had to talk my wife into breastfeeding, because she was a formula baby. Her and her sister also have immune problems and tons of allergies, which is one thing that breastfeeding helps to prevent.

#56 Fire n Ice

Fire n Ice

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

And why can't you fathom a guy making a statement like that? That's the way that I see it. I was the one that had to talk my wife into breastfeeding, because she was a formula baby. Her and her sister also have immune problems and tons of allergies, which is one thing that breastfeeding helps to prevent.

I breastfed my son, and he has horrible allergies. Kids are either going to develop allergies or they're not, they are hereditary, and if they get the genes for it nothing will prevent it (that is a statement directly from our family allergist). And as for a guy making that statement, the woman is the one who has to go through everything that breast feeding entails. No matter how much a guy is around it or witnesses it, he still does not experience it firsthand. That is why it's a woman's choice, and there is nothing wrong with choosing not to, nor is it selfish. Formula or breastmilk, as long as a baby is loved, nurtured, and nourished, then the mother is a great one :)

#57 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm not one to really debate, but I do find it selfish to not breastfeed if you are able to. It's better for the child and the family financial situation. Like jase said...formula is expensive. I think I figured that by my wife taking on the very demanding task(no denying it) we saved around $300 a month. In addition to that we also use cloth diapers to save even more money. My girl is able to have a lot more stuff(toys and clothes) because of those two things, and so are my wife and I.

#58 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I breastfed my son, and he has horrible allergies. Kids are either going to develop allergies or they're not, they are hereditary, and if they get the genes for it nothing will prevent it (that is a statement directly from our family allergist). And as for a guy making that statement, the woman is the one who has to go through everything that breast feeding entails. No matter how much a guy is around it or witnesses it, he still does not experience it firsthand. That is why it's a woman's choice, and there is nothing wrong with choosing not to, nor is it selfish. Formula or breastmilk, as long as a baby is loved, nurtured, and nourished, then the mother is a great one :)

Ask any pediatric professional and they will tell you that breastfeeding is better for your child, for lots of reasons. And while they aren't my tits, it is my child and I wouldn't choose to have a child with someone who wasn't willing to breastfeed. The fact is that if you aren't willing to sacrifice some convenience, vanity, privacy, or whatever your personal reason for choosing not too, for something that is better for your child, even if only by the smallest amount, then you aren't ready to be a parent.....at least a good one, in my opinion. Parenting is one thing where it is never okay to choose the second best option when you are able to provide the best at no danger to yourself.

#59 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Time magazine has jumped the shark.

Just wait until the Father's Day cover...