Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plaxico Burress Was On Nfl Radio And The Topic Of The Panthers Came Up

77 posts in this topic

Posted

The more I think about it...no. No more one year players that are anything more than backups or ST. Our WR group is full of young, hungry guys and I don't want anything hampering that little group of happy campers from having this year as their own to see who can become the next Steve Smith.

Posted

Welcome to NC...shoot away!

Posted

Meh; wouldn't HATE the move, but I'd rather see if LaFell can have that breakout year.

Posted

yeah I agree .. everyone's saying no because there's no way in hell it will ever actually happen

this place would go crazy if we signed Plax (in a good way) .. our offense would be prolific .. no need for D .. just out score everyone lol

@BaxFootballGuru: Most pts scored, 2011: #Packers (560), #Saints* (547), #Patriots (513), #Lions (474), #Panthers & #Chargers (406), #Falcons (402) #NFL

Posted

@BaxFootballGuru: #Falcons (402) #NFL

that 2 came from the Giants game lmao.

1 person likes this

Posted

i'd really rather us spend resources trying to boost defense.

the offense is fine.

Posted

We have the ability to pick up a few guys here and there that will boost the team and not saddle us with long term cap issues. Honestly I like Burress as a one year contract. He offers us immediate production and hedges against injury or Gettis for example struggling to come back. Many guys with ACLs need more than 12 months to come back totally. Look at Hogan for example.

Even with Tolbert in the fold, we will have a more prolific offense this year and throw the ball more as the defense gets the ball back and stops those 8 minute drives last year to something closer to 3 or 4.

Posted

@VenturaRic: #Raiders, #Dolphins y #Panthers son las opciones del WR Plaxico Burress para la próxima temporada. #NFL

translation:

@ VenturaRic: # Raiders # # Dolphins and Panthers are the choices of WR Plaxico Burress for next season. # NFL

Posted

I like this a lot more than I liked the Jacoby Jones idea last week.

Posted

Hell do it

Posted

I think it would be a great pick-up not because I think LaFell is bad but he brings different capabilities.I dont know how much gas he has left in the tank but feel the Panthers could use a wr with his physical attributes

Posted

When I first saw this yesterday I didn't expect anyone at all to want this guy...really surprised about the reaction.