#46 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

We just signed a plethora of young undrafted 6'3"-6'4" WR's that would die to make the team for pennies on the dollar. Do not want. I'd rather give one of these guys a shot before we'd bring in any "diva" WR's.

This. Except the 'diva' part. I don't see Burress as a 'diva' type WR.

#47 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

if we're going with overpaid receivers who can't seperate, i'd rather have shockey.

#48 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,625 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

This. Except the 'diva' part. I don't see Burress as a 'diva' type WR.

yeah, there's nothing in his history that would suggest that. :rolleyes:

#49 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

The signing of Keyshawn should have no bearing on this discussion. Different player, different scenario. Its the principal concept of WHY you may want to sign a vet receiver that you should consider when talking price for Plax.

Do we need him? couldnt hurt for the min.

Do we need him now? not really

#50 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Haven't read through everyone's responses but, Plax strikes me as a guy who will never see himself as a role player, therefore, I don't see it working.

If he was able to accept that role and embrace it fully, I would love the signing.

#51 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Haven't read through everyone's responses but, Plax strikes me as a guy who will never see himself as a role player, therefore, I don't see it working.

If he was able to accept that role and embrace it fully, I would love the signing.

yeah I agree .. everyone's saying no because there's no way in hell it will ever actually happen

this place would go crazy if we signed Plax (in a good way) .. our offense would be prolific .. no need for D .. just out score everyone lol

#52 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

I think he could help this team in the short term. However it could hurt LaFell's growth.

#53 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I think he could help this team in the short term. However it could hurt LaFell's growth.

I'd be more worried about Gettis .. but there's def plenty of room .. it would pressure the rookies to step up their game!!

#54 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'd definitely take a chance on him. 600 yards and 8 TDs with Sanchez probably translates to like 3000 yards and 30 TDs with Cam.

#55 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

so why didn't the jets re-sign him?

why hasn't anyone signed him this year yet?

do they know something about him that you don't or do you know something that they don't?

can't complain about the panthers passing up on him when it doesn't look like really any teams are lining up to bring him in.

I would say Plax is a headache you don't risk unless your young WRs have a bad camp or get injured. Someone will def sign him right before the season.

#56 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Let's say he'd sign for the vet minimum since he's currently waiting for the phone to ring. You'd get a guy who was 45 for 612 -w- 8 TD's in 13 games started last year. For comparison Legedu Naanee was 41 for 467 -w- 1 TD and Jeremy Shockey was 37 for 455 -w- 4 TD's, even LaFell only had 3 TD's on the year.

You'd get an instant upgrade in the #2 WR slot by signing this 34 year old guy and imagine how much less wear and tear you'd put on Cam if he didn't have to dive for the TD every time we got even close.

I give the rookies this weekend and when we drop half of the 20 or so WR's we got coming in, Marty should get Plaxico's agent on the horn.

#57 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,625 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

I would say Plax is a headache you don't risk unless your young WRs have a bad camp or get injured. Someone will def sign him right before the season.

it's a move made by a desperate team.

#58 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

it's a move made by a desperate team.

Plax turned down a 2 year deal last year from the Steelers, far from what I'd call a desperate team. We were sniffing Jacoby Jones last week (31 for 512 -w- 2 TD's). Isn't that an indication as to what Marty thinks about LaFell and / or Gettis? I think Plax has all of them beat on the impact scale. Let face facts, we were horrible in the Red outside of Cam. Time to get him a little help in those situations. Not to mention how it would be beneficial to the Smith factor.

#59 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I am all for it at the right price. I really don't see it adversely affecting Lafell or Gettis. A receiver doesn't have to be on the field the whole game to develop or make an impact in my opinion. They just have to do what they're called to do, when they're called to do it. If they stand out, then they'll retain and/or increase their value within the eyes of the team.

Plax, like everyone really, just hast has to know his role.

#60 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

If he'll sign within our range, I think he'd be a great addtion. Let's face it, we know what we have in Smith and LaFell, everyone else is relatively uncertain. Although there is less uncertainty with Gettis, Plex (Plaxico) would add a vet WR that defensives would have to focus on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com