Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keuchly Told He Will Start At Wlb

83 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/panthers-top-pick-kuechly-look-223844174--nfl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Before his first NFL practice, Kuechly was given No. 59 - the same number coach Ron Rivera wore during his nine seasons with the Chicago Bears - and told he'll start out playing weak side linebacker.

Looks like it's Davis job to win then an prove he's back for good if he wants to start

Posted · Report post

Beason Anderson, Kuechly as starters, LB core looking strong, Davis will rotate in, maybe he will stay healthy longer, by not being a full time 3 down LBer...

Posted · Report post

Pass rush fixed?

Posted · Report post

i agree with this.

Posted · Report post

dont think so but this is were i thought he would start out at.

Posted · Report post

Title of the thread is a little misleading. You made it sound like he will start at weak side line backer and that he already has the job won as where I see it as they are going to try him out at wlb and see how it goes.

Posted · Report post

i agree with this.

Yup

Posted · Report post

Move him to DE, see what happens

Posted · Report post

I like it. Let Beason play where he dominates, and give Luke maximum time to learn a new role.

If they can stay healthy, that's an absolutely filthy core.

Posted · Report post

Pass rush fixed?

That is all you have to do to fix this pass rush? The Giants are dumb for spending all those 1-3 round picks on D-Lineman. With smarts like that, Hurney WILL get us a championship this year.

Posted · Report post

The starting WLB postition is up for grabs. TD and Luke will compete for the starting postion, which has yet to be decided. Luke is simply being told what postition he'll play, not that he will be the starter. Luke will have to win the starting position, and I'm sure TD (barring injury) will give him a run for his money. We have no idea at this point if Luke will even be a good fit at WLB.

Posted · Report post

Title of the thread is a little misleading. You made it sound like he will start at weak side line backer and that he already has the job won as where I see it as they are going to try him out at wlb and see how it goes.

I agree. Just cause he's starting out at Will doesn't mean he's going to stay there. It's Rookie mini camp... Though, I personally don't mind him getting as many reps as possible with TD's injury history.

It's gonna be a long offseason here folks, and a long camp... Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet on where #59 is gonna line up week one. I'm sure it will all work itself out, and we can only hope for the best