• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

The seardch is over, we have found the smartest person in the Huddle. He be a legend in his own addled mind.

I guess the Panthers should have consulted you on what moves to make. You obviously are the one.

Players frequently outperform expectations. But that only happens on other teams right? Cameron did that last year. But I suppose you do not feel he had a good enough year. There is nothing to say the Keuchly could not come in and light it up. Except you and your inflated ego. Keuchly is pro ready. He just may be the next big thing. Too bad you will hate it.

You are not nearly as clever as you suppose you are. But I will give an A+ for entertainment purposes.

They say it takes all kinds. And you sir are all those and more. And GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying a 4-3 Linebackers won't fix a pass rush gets people riled up? Geez, that is just stupid.. The only 4-3 linebacker to have that kind of impact is LT. I'm going to steer on the side of that he is no LT. If that makes me a negative prick, smarter than Hurney, or Panther hater, fine. That is your opinion, but I would like to think 99.9% percent of football watchers would not expect Keuchly to be a LT type player which is what we are talking about with pass rush and all.

#77 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

von miller bro

#78 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

Saying a 4-3 Linebackers won't fix a pass rush gets people riled up? Geez, that is just stupid.. The only 4-3 linebacker to have that kind of impact is LT. I'm going to steer on the side of that he is no LT. If that makes me a negative prick, smarter than Hurney, or Panther hater, fine. That is your opinion, but I would like to think 99.9% percent of football watchers would not expect Keuchly to be a LT type player which is what we are talking about with pass rush and all.

I may be wrong, but the only one who brought up LT, was you. People are concerned with his lack of pass rush experience. Does that mean he cannot do it? I say NO. Some say yes. I say it is silly to limit a player you have never seen play. You say, it did not fix the pass rush. I say, adding an athlete to your front 7 does improve your D, and it gives you another weapon. The one with the most weapons wins, most of the time. Insert wife joke here.

For me it comes down to your abrasiveness. You come off like, well, TRD. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me. I do however have a problem with people talking down to me. You, have that vibe. I can do without being preached at, and you sound like you like the pulpit.

Hey, don't listen to me. I have nothing worthy of note to say. After all this is just the interwebz.

#79 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I may be wrong, but the only one who brought up LT, was you. People are concerned with his lack of pass rush experience. Does that mean he cannot do it? I say NO. Some say yes. I say it is silly to limit a player you have never seen play. You say, it did not fix the pass rush. I say, adding an athlete to your front 7 does improve your D, and it gives you another weapon. The one with the most weapons wins, most of the time. Insert wife joke here.

For me it comes down to your abrasiveness. You come off like, well, TRD. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me. I do however have a problem with people talking down to me. You, have that vibe. I can do without being preached at, and you sound like you like the pulpit.

Hey, don't listen to me. I have nothing worthy of note to say. After all this is just the interwebz.

LT was brought up, yes by me. I was saying he was a 4-3 linebacker who could fix a pass rush since that is the position Kuechly plays and the original quote was about Kuechly fixing the pass rush. I agree it is absurd to compare him or hope he comes out as good as LT which is not what I was doing. I was saying it is absurd to think a 4-3 2.5 sack guy can fix a pass rush. I agree with you Kuechly can help this football team; however, he will not fix a pass rush. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong I could be, but I get pretty confident saying near sure fire things. Jimmy Clausen will never be a good gaurd. He could show me something and make the Pro Bowl next year at guard, but I'll stick with he sucks at gaurd as much as he sucks at QB.

Nickzz mentioned Von Miller. Good point, and good use of facts, and I mean that seriously not sarcastically. I do think they are different players though and most scouts would agree. Von Miller has highly regarded for his pass rushing ability, and was known as a pass rusher. So him being a 4-3 pass rusher isn't a HUUUGE stretch.

And about adding a weapon to your front 7, you want to be good at two things in today's NFL. You can go from team to team and look. You want elite QB play and elite pass rush. All phases of the game are important though not equal. You don't want to be significantly weak in any other areas, but since it is hard to be great at everything, you choose your resources like draft picks and salary cap to focus on certain areas. It is great to have another front seven weapon, but none pass rushing 4-3 linebackers do not affect games the way other positions do. But that is another story really.

#80 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

All this contention trying to tell everyone why we are going to have a pass rush or why we aren't going to have one. All by people who have not been to one practice or even know exactly what kind of scheme we are going to run. Must be the offseason and everyone is bored as hell so they decide to take pot shots at each other.

What do I have confidence in? I believe that Rivera knows what he is doing and if he says that developing a pass rush is most important then he has a plan to do just that. If he thought he needed to invest most of our picks in a defensive line, then he would have done that. He has a history of turning around defenses rather quickly and by year 2 or 3 they are top 10. I believe that the offense will score 25 plus points a game and that Newton will be better in the redzone and in the fourth quarter. As a result we will win some of those close games this year instead of almost always coming up short.

As for linebackers blitzing and creating most of the pressure, that isn't always true. But what is often true is that when offensive linemen and running backs have to pick up the blitzing linebackers, it makes it hard to double anyone. I think that with Johnson and Hardy being singled up all day, they will increase their sack numbers significantly. It will all work together and I have faith although I don't know all the particulars, that it will work, or Rivera will tweak it until it does.

#81 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Great post, P55.

#82 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

keuchey is rivera'sbastard son....told ya

#83 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hey, you know what's awesome? Drafting an ILB to play OLB. I see these people saying "oh he won't necessarily start." Guess what, he's starting OLB. Rivera stated they wanted day one impact player starter for whoever they drafted first, no projects. He's plugging a hole with his best guy. Beason should be moved to OLB and Kuchely should play ILB. Plain and simple.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Keuchly, Beason, Rivera, Linebacker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com