#91 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,509 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

I mean really guy? Why make a comment like that? Did you expect some pie, or, god forbid, a serious response? In what way was that a legitimate argument for, or against, the topic at hand?

All that's going on in this thread and you're worried about me?

Pie lol seriously man? Oh let me make a post I think i may get teh interweb high five known as pie today! Get real...

Maybe I'm just an old school kind of guy. I don't believe in bad mouthing or tossing out like the daily trash a player who's helped keep this franchise relevant and gives his all on every gameday and every play on the field. If you are okay with that then hey, that's you. I'm not with that, sorry.

#92 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

A panthers fan who would seriously argue that Steve Smith isn't the best receiver in the league in this place is just likes-to-argue-guy as far as I'm concerned. Even if you know or believe it's not true, how does it benefit you to say it ain't so?

Take any receiver named in this thread, and Smitty's career is just as distinguished---if not more---than any of them.

See my sig and be in awe!

#93 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Sure, I like to argue.

But I also don't mind a bit of realism.

Smitty is awesome, but he isn't the best player in the NFL (nor the best receiver).

#94 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

A panthers fan who would seriously argue that Steve Smith isn't the best receiver in the league in this place is just likes-to-argue-guy as far as I'm concerned. Even if you know or believe it's not true, how does it benefit you to say it ain't so?

Take any receiver named in this thread, and Smitty's career is just as distinguished---if not more---than any of them.

See my sig and be in awe!

How does it benefit you to agree with it?

#95 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Though I do agree that the title is misleading, the spirit of the meaning is pretty clear. If you believe that Steve Smith. The unquestioned heart and soul of this team. The one player in the last decade that proved sterotypes wrong by doing what he was told he could not do. And doing it as well, or better than almost all of his peers. Is not one of the top players int he league. Then you need to turn in you Panther badge.

The man did what was not supposed to be done. And did it extremely well. Under trying circumstances to be sure. Be as realistic as you need to be, to almost anyone with a grain of hope, this man has proven his worth.

On a final note. Smitty is one of the most well respected WR in the league. Has been for a while. When all your young, so called studs can say that, get back to me.

#96 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

as far as I know, nobody is saying Smith isn't respected around the league, nor is anyone saying he isn't a great player... well, save maybe for grits who is just trolling people.

but that doesn't make him the best player in the league, or the best receiver...

#97 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

So, too early in the morning to think of something worthwhile?

#98 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

I did not mean to incinuate that he was the best. At anything. All I am implying is that he is more respected around the league than he is here in the Huddle.

#99 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,509 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

He isn't the best player or receiver in the league. It's one thing to debate his standing and quite another to make ridiculous statements.

#100 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

So, too early in the morning to think of something worthwhile?

Thought it was fairly obvious my post was a simple question and wasn't meant to be some great worthwhile life lesson. What was the point of changing the topic exactly?

#101 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

I will say this before I hit the hay. Football people know Smitty took two years before he made a splash. That he was a project that did make it big. They do know he has had a very distingushed career without the benifit of a so called franchise QB. They know all the things we know, and probably more to some extent.

The reality is, Smitty has been one of the most electrifying players to hit the league in the last two decades. We watched it. It did happen. He is one of a kind, and to deny that is to deny a player a truely unique career. Is he a HOFer? I would say, with luck and a few great years with Cameron. He will be in the discussion. And that, my friends, is something we all as Panther fans should be proud and thankful for.

I really don't see how being a realist, or a negative nancy can lead you anywhere? Do you get in the car and see three quarters of a tank and think, oh my Zod I need gas again. Or when a cloud obscures the sun, do you automatically think it is going to rain? Worst case scearios can lead to cancer. Join the millions who seek relief by seeing the positive side to life.

We are going to be a force for a long time. You have to be blind not to see that. What fuking more do you people need? My Zod, when is enough enough?

#102 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Thought it was fairly obvious my post was a simple question and wasn't meant to be some great worthwhile life lesson. What was the point of changing the topic exactly?

My thought exactly.

#103 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

My thought exactly.

So no answer then? Figured as much

#104 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

You can't be that daft. The thread really isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. The thread was made to honor Steve Smith. Period!

#105 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

I don't know if you're married or not, but let me give you a hypothetical question:

If your kid, mother-in-law and/or father-in-law tells your wife or girlfriend that she is the most beautiful girl in the world, are you going to argue with them about it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com