Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

571 posts in this topic

I think the biggest wrench in the way many people are thinking is UnCat... I don't know how she or her followers are going to fit in to most people's theories about everything else.

No way no how Jon is really dead. To much potential with his character

I don't Arya becomes full fledge faceless, but I DO think she learns enough to become very, very dangerous between those skills and being a warg.  I just don't think she'll let go all those who harmed her family.    We'll see though.  I love her storyline though.

I don't think Jon is dead, I agree, he'll be one of the more important characters I believe.  Possibly flying a dragon maybe.... who knows.  

The only way I know Jon is not dead is that his chapters were just way too much fuging boring ass north/wall stuff to not matter.

1 person likes this

melisandre has taken jon snow's place as the PoV on the wall

true story bro

George has also flat out said Jon will eventually learn who his mother is. Hard to do when you're dead.

Mel sorta knows that it's Jon whose the AA. And not stannis. She'll have to revive him and let him go of his duties to the watch and do something else but also fight the others

George has also flat out said Jon will eventually learn who his mother is. Hard to do when you're dead.

maybe jon already knew and he just didn't tell the reader

There is no way Jon is dead.  Too important of a character to kill off.  George has said in interviews that Jon's mother is still a mystery.  Why make a big deal about Jon's mother and then kill him off?  Doesn't make sense.  I think that Jon is the child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.  Ned brought him back to Winterfell and said he was his bastard to hide his identity.

There is no way Jon is dead. Too important of a character to kill off. George has said in interviews that Jon's mother is still a mystery. Why make a big deal about Jon's mother and then kill him off? Doesn't make sense. I think that Jon is the child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned brought him back to Winterfell and said he was his bastard to hide his identity.

This

I wish I could guess in one hand and poo in another, but I have no idea on Jon =/

Dunno if anyone caught it last night, but GRRM was on Conan...

He made the comment about TWOW, and said it was around 1500 pages... I dunno if that is what he has written, or if it was a projection...

Also, he commented that he was trying to hurry in fear of the show catching up, and that he hoped the show ended in the same fashion as the books (although he didn't sound too concerned that they wouldn't)... There was minor concern about some of the changes in the show affecting things later on, and he noted that there were like 4 characters that were dead on the show that are still alive in the books at the current part of the story... I can only think of Marillion and Talisa (Jeyne) off the top of my head... I'll try to figure out the other two... One might be one of Arya's targets? dunno...

It sounded kinda optimistic overall though, and I think he kinda stressed the need for people to read the books too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR36slEw7aU

1 person likes this