Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

508 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

oh also, I read this just now

I am aware of the TV series moving along behind me like a giant locomotive, and I know I need to lay the track more quickly, perhaps, because the locomotive is soon going to be bearing down on me. The last thing I want is for the TV series to catch up with me. I’ve got a considerable head start, but production is moving faster than I can write. I’m hoping that we’ll finish the story at about the same time … we’ll see.

Season 3 (ASOS part 1): February 2013

Season 4 (ASOS part 2): End of 2013/early 2014

Season 5 (AFFC): End of 2014?

Season 6 (ADWD): Mid 2015?

Season 7 (The Winds of Winter): Mid 2016?

Season 8 (A Dream of Spring): Mid 2017?

highly speculative, and not assuming they split any more books into two seasons...

so basically GRRM would have to put out the last two books within the next 5 years... Should be completely doable...

Posted · Report post

i could see books 4 and 5 being recombined and split into 2 or 3 or more seasons

no way they'll be able to have season 5 without several key characters

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

R+L=J is something I also suspect.

I like the idea of Jamie being Azor Azhai but Jon got setup to become it at the end of ADwD. I really think this is the Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and Daenerys Targaryen show at this point so we'll see.

Posted · Report post

"A Song of Ice and Fire"... anyone's thoughts on the meaning behind this?

Is it simply R'hllor vs. The Great Other?

Is it Jon Snow's story? (L=Ice + R=Fire)

Is it something else?

My suspicion is Jon + Daenerys vs. Tyrion is the end game. I think this addresses what you have written.

This conflict of deities is the abstract conflict between these forces or vice versa. Otherwise a new villain will be introduced to represent the power coming forth from the north. I think Tyrion is being set up to become that power but we'll see.

Posted · Report post

"A Song of Ice and Fire"... anyone's thoughts on the meaning behind this?

Is it simply R'hllor vs. The Great Other?

Is it Jon Snow's story? (L=Ice + R=Fire)

Is it something else?

i missed this.

i suspect it has meaning on multiple levels

Posted · Report post

I am just now midway through Storm of Swords and had a question about something.

Did Arya warg into her wolf when they were being pursued after they escaped Harrenhal or was it just a dream?

Posted · Report post

pretty sure it was a warg dream. she probably has the ability, but no one to train her

Posted · Report post

yeah, I think it is implied that pretty much all the Starks have the warg trait in their blood... as do others in the realm...

I almost think that the Targaryens of old also had the ability, and warged into their dragons...

Posted · Report post

Warg dream, almost certainly.

Posted · Report post

yeah, I think it is implied that pretty much all the Starks have the warg trait in their blood... as do others in the realm...

I almost think that the Targaryens of old also had the ability, and warged into their dragons...

Incorrect good sir. The Targaryens controlled their dragons using magic. Like the horn 'dragonbinder' currently in the possession of Victarion Greyjoy. I believe that horn will ultimately be sounded by Daenerys because the horn is inscribed with these words: "I am Dragonbinder, No Mortal man should sound me and live, Blood for Fire, Fire for Blood"

Daenerys is not a mortal man.

Posted · Report post

Incorrect good sir. The Targaryens controlled their dragons using magic. Like the horn 'dragonbinder' currently in the possession of Victarion Greyjoy. I believe that horn will ultimately be sounded by Daenerys because the horn is inscribed with these words: "I am Dragonbinder, No Mortal man should sound me and live, Blood for Fire, Fire for Blood"

Daenerys is not a mortal man.

She is mortal. Remember, she had her hands burned by Drogon. Her immunity to fire is up in the air as of ADWD.