Photo
- - - - -

NC Medical Marijuana Act Introduced

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 sack_attack

sack_attack

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Soooo on April 9th the NC Medical Marijuana Act was introduced to the General Assembly! Please urge your legislators to support this bill.
This bill has already passed the 1st reading now it just has to be read by the health committee and after it passed that its on to Judiciary II, if they pass it it just has to go to finance..

Ill include a few links so you can view the bill for yourself.. and so you can send an email to urge our elected officials to pass this bill

http://nccpn.org/

http://www.ncga.stat...09&BillID=H1380

https://ssl.capwiz.c....ew=myofficials

http://www.ncga.stat...PDF/H1383v0.pdf

http://www.ncga.stat...09&BillID=H1383

Edited by sack_attack, 29 April 2009 - 08:53 PM.

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

You do this...we're gonna have a spike in glaucoma cases.

#3 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

Get this passed and maybe Phillip Morris keeps the Concord facility open. :D

I'm all for it. Ohhh my aching back!

#4 sack_attack

sack_attack

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

There are sooo many reasons why this bill should get passed ... and i cant think of any reasons why it shouldnt.. NC would be a great place for pot to be a cash crop... just have it take the place of tobacco..

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Medical marijuana doesn't necessarily=cash crop. NC doesn't even allow the private selling of liquor. And for people that think medical marijuana is essentially going to open pot selling to convenience stores...you're nuts. In fact, I'd be willing to bet you'd have MORE local regulations enacted than you do now with us having a blanket federal/state ban.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

feds will just think they overrule it and raid medical places like they do in CA.

#7 sack_attack

sack_attack

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

Medical marijuana doesn't necessarily=cash crop. NC doesn't even allow the private selling of liquor. And for people that think medical marijuana is essentially going to open pot selling to convenience stores...you're nuts. In fact, I'd be willing to bet you'd have MORE local regulations enacted than you do now with us having a blanket federal/state ban.

Your right but it is a step in the right direction..and you see how cali has been since they have legalized it for medical use..although there arent huge companies that have taken it commerical there are large grow ops that cops turn the other check too..sometimes,( but usually in the bust its the federal agents and not so much the local authorities) so i think with the medical act people will see that marijuana isnt what the propaganda said.. and i can see people having a more laid back view on it.. and that lead to a having fewer penalties as time goes on, to the point where we can have legalization and taxation... And no I dont think convenience stores would be selling pot and i dont think they should.. it would have to be controlled just like alcohol .. Just think of an abc store but instead of liquor you buy pot.

Edited by sack_attack, 29 April 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#8 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Dispensaries would be nice.

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Your right but it is a step in the right direction..and you see how cali has been since they have legalized it for medical use..although there arent huge companies that have taken it commerical there are large grow ops that cops turn the other check too..sometimes,( but usually in the bust its the federal agents and not so much the local authorities) so i think with the medical act people will see that marijuana isnt what the propaganda said.. and i can see people having a more laid back view on it.. and that lead to a having fewer penalties as time goes on, to the point where we can have legalization and taxation... And no I dont think convenience stores would be selling pot and i dont think they should.. it would have to be controlled just like alcohol .. Just think of an abc store but instead of liquor you buy pot.

You're talking beyond just medicinal uses at that point. 1st step would be limited to pharmacies...as it should. THEN if public opinion changes...eventually move to an ABC-type system.

#10 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

Public opinion has changed. The government's has not.

#11 sack_attack

sack_attack

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

I think you should be able to grow your own anyways..i dunno if id trust weed from the govt.

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

Public opinion has changed. The government's has not.

Regarding complete legalization? No...public opinion has not changed. Pot-lobbyists know this and USE the medicinal route to get the foot in the door.

#13 sack_attack

sack_attack

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

can anyone even tell me why pot is illegal...I mean a real reason ,not just because the law says so..

i actually know why, i just want to see what you ppl say..

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

I think you should be able to grow your own anyways..i dunno if id trust weed from the govt.

Government has a say in a LOT of crops grown...especially ones that would produce a "prescribable" drug. Don't see many poppies growing in people's yards nowadays do ya?

#15 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

feds will just think they overrule it and raid medical places like they do in CA.

Those have been stopped

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com