Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC Medical Marijuana Act Introduced

43 posts in this topic

Posted

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_marijuana_illegal

Google is your friend. Do some research. Doesn't make it right...but that's why.

"Do some research. Now here's your Wikipedia page." :lol:

There really is not a realistic reason why marijuana is still illegal. Just admit it.

Posted

Already sent my email to my representatives in support...

Posted

"Do some research. Now here's your Wikipedia page." :lol:

There really is not a realistic reason why marijuana is still illegal. Just admit it.

I don't have a dog in the fight. Don't care.

I don't smoke pot...never have...but I can probably guarantee that I've carried more than most people before in their lives. Uncle was a pothead that lived in Albequerque. He'd come home to visit. Picked me up at middle school one day...took me into Harnett County to the Sugar Shack. His buddy that'd traveled with him walked into this little trailer. He brought me around to the back of the car and showed me two suitcases....both slam full of weed. I told him to take my ass home. So I have a skewed view of things...saw how it was a negative influence in his life and chose never to do it. Even in college, my roommates respected my wishes and didn't even bother to ask...but I didn't preach "Reefer Madness" crap to them either.

I just get pissy when liberals/conservatives/whoever attempt to sell their policies on the backs of the children/old people/sick/poor. If I don't support X...I'm starving someone. If I don't support X...I'm killing someone. BS.

Medicinal marijuana isn't what it's all about. If it was...you'd see marinol (legal drug now) reprocessed to be used in an aspirator/nebulizor or simple asthma breather device. What people are saying now...doctors should be able to prescribe a drug that can ONLY be delivered through smoking a joint...a lung/airway irritant. That's like saying if nicotine is ever found to have a good medicinal quality (like appetite suppression) that the only way to get it is through smoking a cigarette. That's just pure ignorance and against the hippocratic oath.

But...if marijuana is ever openly legalized...I could care less...it's still as destructive as other drugs in it's class. It's usually the addictive personalities that fall into the trap anyway...and they're just idiots.

Posted

It can also be vaporized, which avoids the irritant effects of smoke.

Vaporization is an alternative to smoking. Rather than burning the herb, which produces irritating, toxic, and carcinogenic by-products, a vaporizer heats the material in a partial vacuum so that the active compounds contained in the plant boil off into a vapor. No combustion occurs, so no smoke or taste of smoke is evident.

Posted

I don't have a dog in the fight. Don't care.

I don't smoke pot...never have...but I can probably guarantee that I've carried more than most people before in their lives. Uncle was a pothead that lived in Albequerque. He'd come home to visit. Picked me up at middle school one day...took me into Harnett County to the Sugar Shack. His buddy that'd traveled with him walked into this little trailer. He brought me around to the back of the car and showed me two suitcases....both slam full of weed. I told him to take my ass home. So I have a skewed view of things...saw how it was a negative influence in his life and chose never to do it. Even in college, my roommates respected my wishes and didn't even bother to ask...but I didn't preach "Reefer Madness" crap to them either.

I just get pissy when liberals/conservatives/whoever attempt to sell their policies on the backs of the children/old people/sick/poor. If I don't support X...I'm starving someone. If I don't support X...I'm killing someone. BS.

Medicinal marijuana isn't what it's all about. If it was...you'd see marinol (legal drug now) reprocessed to be used in an aspirator/nebulizor or simple asthma breather device. What people are saying now...doctors should be able to prescribe a drug that can ONLY be delivered through smoking a joint...a lung/airway irritant. That's like saying if nicotine is ever found to have a good medicinal quality (like appetite suppression) that the only way to get it is through smoking a cigarette. That's just pure ignorance and against the hippocratic oath.

But...if marijuana is ever openly legalized...I could care less...it's still as destructive as other drugs in it's class. It's usually the addictive personalities that fall into the trap anyway...and they're just idiots.

No, it's not. Marijuana isn't even as bad for you as cigarettes and alcohol. It being a gateway drug is bullsh*t as well. There is no reason it is illegal other than the government propaganda.

Posted

It can also be vaporized, which avoids the irritant effects of smoke.

Good...that makes sense...same principle. Anyone knows the quickest delivery method to get drugs into the system are directly into the blood. Either by injection...or through the lungs.

Posted

No, it's not. Marijuana isn't even as bad for you as cigarettes and alcohol. It being a gateway drug is bullsh*t as well. There is no reason it is illegal other than the government propaganda.

Did I say it was a gateway drug?

Did I compare marijuana to cigarettes and alcohol? Re-read what I said.

Did I give a reason for it to be illegal...other than the links I provided at the beginning as an answer to someone wondering why? I just googled it and responded.

How bout you do this...read my post again...then think before typing.

Posted

Did I say it was a gateway drug?

Did I compare marijuana to cigarettes and alcohol? Re-read what I said.

Did I give a reason for it to be illegal...other than the links I provided at the beginning as an answer to someone wondering why? I just googled it and responded.

How bout you do this...read my post again...then think before typing.

You said it was just as destructive as other drugs in its class, which it isn't. I pointed that out, simply saying it isn't even as bad as the LEGAL drugs out there (cigarettes and alcohol).

For somebody who doesn't give a damn about pot, you sure are posting a lot in a thread about it.

So how about you do this.....take your foot....and shove it in your mouth.

Posted

I think you should be able to grow your own anyways..i dunno if id trust weed from the govt.

Actually, the Gubment pot is top quality (um, er, so I've been told).

I'm in Californy and we have move to the "Co-op" system. If you have a 'script for that chronic back pain, you join. They are trying to malke the co-op non-profit so it dissuades the illegal trade from trying to take over. Also you have the option to grow your own (something like 50 plants) or let a professional grow for you. That is becoming a big thing and I heard that is where you get the super top grade hybrids.

They are still working out the bugs but it is back to getting going.

I cannot smoke because of my job and we do the hair follicle test on a random basis. Bummer for me..

Posted

You said it was just as destructive as other drugs in its class, which it isn't. I pointed that out, simply saying it isn't even as bad as the LEGAL drugs out there (cigarettes and alcohol).

For somebody who doesn't give a damn about pot, you sure are posting a lot in a thread about it.

So how about you do this.....take your foot....and shove it in your mouth.

But...if marijuana is ever openly legalized...I could care less...it's still as destructive as other drugs in its class. It's usually the addictive personalities that fall into the trap anyway...and they're just idiots.

Get that....if it's ever OPENLY legalized....it's still as destructive drug in its class...be it alcohol/nicotine...whatever. It will be reclassed if it's openly legalized.

Posted

Get that....if it's ever OPENLY legalized....it's still as destructive drug in its class...be it alcohol/nicotine...whatever. It will be reclassed if it's openly legalized.

Again, no, its not as destructive as any other drug. Of all the drugs in this world, marijuana is the least damaging. People have been using it for thousands of years.

Posted

Again, no, its not as destructive as any other drug. Of all the drugs in this world, marijuana is the least damaging. People have been using it for thousands of years.

Whatever dude...anything can be addictive...which is why I focused on people with addictive personalities in my post as well. But obviously you have an agenda...and it's obvious you're a pothead...so have fun. Just don't get caught for now.