#1 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

I live in the middle of no where. My "drive" is a half mile long from the road. My house sits on 5 acres cleared, the rest is heavily wooded. It's just us (the fam) out here.

About an hour ago there was a knock at the back door. I heard it, the wife heard it, and killer heard it (he started raising hell as usual). I go to the door, peer through the blinds, and no one was there. I grab a light and a handgun then head out with the dog. Nothing. No one is around.

We sweep the perimeter of the house and everything is in order. I light up the tree line all the way around the house and don't pick up on anything. Killer doesn't either.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would be out here knocking on my door and then darting into the woods. So what in the hell was it? Anyone with similar incidents?

#2 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Sounds interesting. What kind of knock was it? Like a distinct "BAM BAM BAM" knock, or just something hitting the door? Could have been an animal....or just the house settling...

Make sure you update us on this if anything else happens. I'm intrigued.

#3 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Bears. Smart bears by the sounds of it.

#4 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

Anyone else in the house? Quite possible they were screwing with you.

#5 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I live in the middle of no where. My "drive" is a half mile long from the road. My house sits on 5 acres cleared, the rest is heavily wooded. It's just us (the fam) out here.

About an hour ago there was a knock at the back door. I heard it, the wife heard it, and killer heard it (he started raising hell as usual). I go to the door, peer through the blinds, and no one was there. I grab a light and a handgun then head out with the dog. Nothing. No one is around.

We sweep the perimeter of the house and everything is in order. I light up the tree line all the way around the house and don't pick up on anything. Killer doesn't either.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would be out here knocking on my door and then darting into the woods. So what in the hell was it? Anyone with similar incidents?

Sasquatch ?? Or other woodland varmints.

#6 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

That's fuging creepy. I'd have a gun near buy for the rest of the night. Raccoon known for knocking at people doors but if it was loud bang, it was probably a human.

#7 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,055 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

jehovah witness

#8 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Me and the wife were in the living room, the dog was laying in front of us on the floor, the kids were upstairs sleeping. It was a distinct, 4 tap knock. Not like a search warrant bang bang bang, but normal sounding. Wasn't any animal. When the dog spots or hears an animal he barks. When a person knocks or is in view of him he barks but also incorporates his "voice". He was doing the latter.

There are bears around here but I don't think it could have went ghost in 30 seconds. Me or the dog would have heard it barreling through the hardwoods. It was quiet out and killer is pretty good picking up on things "lurking".

#9 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Happens to my door allllll the time......dogs go crazy and all. Called, BIG BUG flying into door due to porch light. Call me crazy but sounds like a gentle knock at the door. Turn porch light off an problem solved. Anything attracting the bugs?

#10 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

So I'll go there: any experience ever with ghosts or the paranormal?

#11 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hey, I knocked for like fuging forever and you never answered.
I was hoping you wanted to participate in "Hookers and Blow Night."

Your loss, Bro.

#12 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Lomez, yes. House was built in the early 1900s and people have passed here. My wife has seen some things and i had one bizzare thing i witnessed. Have thought the knocking was "them". Hitting the sack now, will update in the am if anything happens over night.

#13 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,146 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

We will never here from CatofWar again.

#14 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.