Photo
- - - - -

100 Days in...do you think we would be better off...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

with McCain?

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

Yes. With a level headed Republican in the White House and a democratic Congress, we would have been much better off.

#3 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

McCain of 2000 i would say yes...but once Bushies boys got ahold of him end of story...now he is not so level headed
that said,i think we really need a repub controlled congress just to keep checks and balances in line

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Do you think the bailout bills would've passed as fast...and without bipartisan scrutiny?

#5 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

McCain of 2000 i would say yes...but once Bushies boys got ahold of him end of story...now he is not so level headed
that said,i think we really need a repub controlled congress just to keep checks and balances in line

I don't think there's any doubt that's coming next year. Never underestimate the ability of the Democratic Party to shoot itself in the foot. I mean, they have Pelosi in charge...WTF?

#6 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

Do you think the bailout bills would've passed as fast...and without bipartisan scrutiny?

of course

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

of course

You're being disingenuous.

#8 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

You're being disingenuous.

it was a done deal before Barack was in office...dont kid yourself

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Not these last ones...

You know...the ones that were supposed be viewed by everyone prior to signing (Obama promise) that he didn't do. Then we find out the Chris Dodd waivers were part of after the fact? You know the one. Then you have the additional spending that they did. I'm talking just this year....post inauguration.

#10 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Not these last ones...

You know...the ones that were supposed be viewed by everyone prior to signing (Obama promise) that he didn't do. Then we find out the Chris Dodd waivers were part of after the fact? You know the one. Then you have the additional spending that they did. I'm talking just this year....post inauguration.

look im not defending any actions right now and besides if George Washington or Abe were in office right now...same results

#11 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

look im not defending any actions right now and besides if George Washington or Abe were in office right now...same results

WTH are you talking about.

#12 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

WTH are you talking about.

any President would have to do something is what im saying

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

I think once the inflation settles in, and people are really hurting...We'll see a change of course in governance...But until then, I think the Dems are going to run the show. The Republicans are reeling right now. It may take a few years for them to find a voice.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

I think once the inflation settles in, and people are really hurting...We'll see a change of course in governance...But until then, I think the Dems are going to run the show. The Republicans are reeling right now. It may take a few years for them to find a voice.

Which is fine. Because they will come back much stronger and without the albatross that is/was George Bush.

#15 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

I still say u can not judge what anyone does in 100 Days...Rome wasnt built in a hundred days....Our economy didnt tank in
100 days wont be fixed in it either.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com