49 replies to this topic

#1 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Due to injury last year we missed out on a very special DB in Brandon Hogan...Its just something about this kid that makes me believe he will be more than a solid DB. I believe he will take over his side of the field with Gamble Mentorship....Just saying the kid has the right physical and aggressive approach. High risk high reward type. way in...

#2 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Dunno. Saw him play like, two downs.

#3 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

wasnt he a 4th or 5th rounder? lets not send him to the hall of fame just yet

#4 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm not saying send this guy to the hall of fame but feel that this kid was a steal and will do more than just contribute this upcoming season.

#5 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

#6 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm not saying send this guy to the hall of fame but feel that this kid was a steal and will do more than just contribute this upcoming season.

Did you see him play in college? What are you basing this on?

#7 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Agree with OP, very aggressive player at WVU who can play against bigger receivers. Plus he is the coolest and most real professional athlete that I have ever talked to

#8 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

I hope so, I was very excited when we drafted him. Whenever Steve Reed mentions him, he says that Rivera is very high on him. It would be awesome if he could step in and be a solid number two. I still think we should go after a veteran free agent

#9 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

yes, I saw him in college...this guy got what it takes.

#10 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,268 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Due to injury last year we missed out on a very special DB in Brandon Hogan...Its just something about this kid that makes me believe he will be more than a solid DB. I believe he will take over his side of the field with Gamble Mentorship....Just saying the kid has the right physical and aggressive approach. High risk high reward type. way in...

Haven't seen him play. Yeah, technically he saw the field late but that didn't count....

#11 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,198 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

If I remember correctly he was at one time projected as a 2nd round pick. He didn't drop because of his talent he dropped because he was coming off an injury and he had made some poor decisions. It wasn't until RR had a nice long talk with him that we picked him in round 4.

I still believe he will be a steal from the 2011 draft. I believe with the Opening Post that he will be the odds on favorite to take the #2 CB.

I do have to say..... I don't get where the OP made any reference to the Hall of Fame. I guess the reference to the Hall of Fame comes from the poster that didn't write it so he has to put down the post to improve his PIE count. AWESOME

#12 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,268 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

I dont see how anyone can project Hogan as a favorite over Butler yet...

Hogan hasn't shown anything yet

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

If I remember correctly he was at one time projected as a 2nd round pick. He didn't drop because of his talent he dropped because he was coming off an injury and he had made some poor decisions. It wasn't until RR had a nice long talk with him that we picked him in round 4.

I still believe he will be a steal from the 2011 draft. I believe with the Opening Post that he will be the odds on favorite to take the #2 CB.

agreed as well....i liked the pick. although it was really limited what we saw of him last year, i thought he did well and played smart. him with wilks coaching him this year should help out a lot. we'll be seeing a lot more of him. i hope we see good things out of josh norman as well. another decent pick.

I do have to say..... I don't get where the OP made any reference to the Hall of Fame. I guess the reference to the Hall of Fame comes from the poster that didn't write it so he has to put down the post to improve his PIE count. AWESOME

yeah...OP makes a thread talking about how he likes this guys potential and some guy jumps in and talks about the OP wanting to send him to the hall of fame? huh?

meh....

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

I dont see how anyone can project Hogan as a favorite over Butler yet...

Hogan hasn't shown anything yet

he did well when he was on the field those last couple games. i saw enough to know i think he has a good amount of potential that he looked like he was capable of living up to. i do think that the competition for CB is going to be solid this year with hogan, butler, and norman, though. i think we'll be in better shape than we have been in years.

#15 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I like Hogan a lot, Ive only seen a little, I can't remember what game it was, but he pushed the WR out of bounds and pointed towards him trying to get the officials to notice and immediately went into a zone coverage, I believe he was man to man coverage, and the QB threw the ball to him anyways, but it got called back.

Butler- was cut by the Patriots who ended up having one of the worse secondaries in the league for the most part of the season, but he has showed flashes also,

Hogan at slot, and Butler on the outside, I wouldn't be mad at that.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.