Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Boogity Boogity! Charlotte Races Are Here!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,265 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

May is the best month in Charlotte and the next two weekends are big reason why.

Attending my 7th all star race in the past 8 years (only missed LY b/c of a bachelor party).

We're going camping there this year. Never done that before but it's basically a weeklong booze fest!

Another reason I like the races are the vendors. Where else can you find cheap trashy nascar gear?

Big time Harvick fan so looking to buy some new stuff of his this year.

#2 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

There's cheap stuff at the Charlotte races? The last time I went to a race it was like $50 for a tshirt lol

#3 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Good racing so far..mcmurray is making a good charge from starting at the back and dale jr has lead every lap..the last ten laps will be exciting.

#4 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

The all star race seems to get more boring every year. These bs multiple segment races are not worth watching. I would like to see a straight up 100 lap race with 1 mandatory pit stop at 50 laps. I would like to see the fan vote brought back as well.

#5 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

The all star race seems to get more boring every year. These bs multiple segment races are not worth watching. I would like to see a straight up 100 lap race with 1 mandatory pit stop at 50 laps. I would like to see the fan vote brought back as well.

There's still a fan vote

#6 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

There's still a fan vote

I was referring to fans voting on inverting the field. Do they still do that?

#7 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Ah, no. I thought you meant the fans voting a driver in

#8 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,265 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

The all star race seems to get more boring every year.

agree w/ this 100%

the real race is the qualifier before hand

#9 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Was at the race, and everybody disagreed on how the race would go. I thought that the qualifier would be a great race, and it didn't disappoint. I was sitting in turn 2, and the vast majority of that section was drunk Jr. fans. We had a good time with that race. Then we all got to talking about the actual All-Star race and some of us were saying, "whoever wins the first segment wins the race, as long as they restart well". Others were saying that wasn't the case at all and that it'd be a great race.

My take? It sucked. It was entertaining to watch, but the fact that Jimmie Johnson could hang and coast after the first segment until the end is cheap and takes away the competitiveness. You run this race in the old format, Jr. probably wins. Or Kyle Busch. Whoever would have won it would have done so by actually racing to the front and maintaining a lead, not being handed the win by a rule that put you from 22nd to 1st.

#10 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Nobody can deny that Jr had the best night and probably the best car all night. He never made any adjustments and he gained more positions and lead more laps than anybody. If it wasn't for that new rule/format to the end of the race, Jr wins it and my night would have been perfect. Instead, he's screwed.

Oh well....the 600 looks to be Jr's race this year, so long as he doesn't run out of gas coming to the checkered again.

#11 Third Degree

Third Degree

Paging Mr. Biakabutuka

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

Dale Jr. was fantastic all night. Winning the Sprint Showdown has to be a shot in the arm for that team, and then winning a segment of the All-Star race, his first segment win of any kind since 2000, that has to give the whole team a ton of momentum.

#12 Third Degree

Third Degree

Paging Mr. Biakabutuka

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Where else can you find cheap trashy nascar gear?

Nearly anywhere in North Carolina haha

#13 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,265 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Nearly anywhere in North Carolina haha

Yeah. True dat

My friend literally just called me and offered me a free ticket to the 600 but man after last weekend I don't think my body can handle it.

#14 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

I imagine that the 600 would be hell. Maybe it's better in person than on tv, but the 600 tends to be boring as hell till around the last 50 and lately that has came down to fuel so it sucks too.

#15 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I am taking my wife and son to the 600. I have been to @ 10 Coca-Cola 600's. Going to that race takes a lot out of you. We usually have as much if not more fun before the race. Adult beverages help to make the day pass rather quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com