#31 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,587 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Here is how I rank the quarterbacks in our division (Yes I know I did all of them)

1. Drew Brees (New Orleans)
2. Cam Newton (Carolina)
3. Matt Ryan (Atlanta)
4. Josh Freeman (Tampa Bay)
5. Chris Redman (Atlanta)
6. Derek Anderson (Carolina)
7. Dan Orlovsky (Tampa Bay)
8. Chase Daniel (New Orleans)
9. Jimmy Clausen (Carolina)
10. Brett Ratliff (Tampa Bay)
11. John Parker Wilson (Atlanta)
12. Dominique Davis (Atlanta)
13. Sean Canfield (New Orleans)

#32 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Remember that PP21 is a pro bowl corner.

no, he is a pro-bowl return man.

#33 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

You must be deaf, by all accounts DA has a cannon.

http://washington.sc...c=1&nid=1126498

http://sportsillustr...yers/64307.html

and here is a scouting report on Ryan Mallet comparing his arm strength with Anderson's. (aka a strong arm)

http://walterfootbal...011rmallett.php

and have you ever seen him throw?

scouting reports on him coming out of college saying he has a "live arm" doesn't mean anything. I think the question is have YOU ever seen him play in a brown uniform. I have, and i can tell you the fact is that he does not have a "cannon" for an arm.

#34 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

anderson is good with chud at oc

#35 Hate

Hate

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Chris Redman

#36 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

scouting reports on him coming out of college saying he has a "live arm" doesn't mean anything. I think the question is have YOU ever seen him play in a brown uniform. I have, and i can tell you the fact is that he does not have a "cannon" for an arm.

I have my old man is a life long browns fan, he has a strong arm, you need your vision checked.

#37 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

I have my old man is a life long browns fan, he has a strong arm, you need your vision checked.

go watch the preseason games last year, compare cam's throws to anderson's. Cam has a cannon for an arm, Anderson is nowhere close to that velocity. This is why every one of anderson throw's was in the 10 yard range.

#38 DOMOMAN

DOMOMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

go watch the preseason games last year, compare cam's throws to anderson's. Cam has a cannon for an arm, Anderson is nowhere close to that velocity. This is why every one of anderson throw's was in the 10 yard range.

Quick Release ≠ Arm Strength.. Anderson throws a bomb deep, but he has a long windup, he can't zip it like Cam but he can chug it down pretty far if give time

#39 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'd go with Derek Anderson for the following reasons:
* He's our backup QB
* He's a our Pro Bowl backup QB
* He knows our system better than any QB on our roster
* He has experience against ~ every defense in the NFL

#40 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

Cam has one of the strongest arms in the league top 5 easily, Anderson has a strong arm not a top 5 arm, this entire argument started because you said he had a wet noodle, if you want a wet noodle go look at some of Chad Pennington's throws.

Also his throws being 10 yard throws probably had something to do with it being preseason think about it.

#41 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Anderson has also failed miserably.

Sad to say he still might be the best. NFC South might have the best starters, but it severely lacks depth at the QB position.

uh well yeah, that's usually how it works. Teams with really good starting QBs usually don't have great back ups because they really aren't needed.

#42 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Drew Brees

#43 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

uh well yeah, that's usually how it works. Teams with really good starting QBs usually don't have great back ups because they really aren't needed.

Best case. A young guy you can develop for future considerations, and a servicable vet are all you need. Although finding the right kid to groom is iffy at best. If he develops, you can get value for him. If he busts, you just wasted 4 years or so. Rarely is a team prepared for the loss of their Franchise QB. Whether because they did not want to pay a quality vet who would never, hopefully, see the field, or were just unable to groom an heir.

That is why the Jets and Skins are in the news. QB controversy. It is the bane of all teams in need of that elusive franchise changer. Even with the amount of quality starting QBs in the league. There are still teams that need one, let alone worry about a back-up. Poor saps.

Not having to worry about a QB controversy for the next decade and a half. Giddyless. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com