Photo
- - - - -

What If The Panthers Had Been The Team The Nfl Is Coming Down On For Bounties?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

It is hard to believe after all this discussion that people still don't get why the Saints* were fined and players suspended. It wasn't about the bounty system that was set up for the most part. It was about players and officials failing to stop it when told to do so. it was lying to the commissioner repeatedly and then covering it up. People arguing it was about the bounty program and trying to hurt people just don't get it at all. The Saints* were singled out not because thy supposedly did what everyone else did but got caught, they were singled out because they were told to quit and didn't. They not only continued it but did so even up to the past playoffs and then lied about it and covered it up.

#62 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

Dammit P55 ... I was typing the same thing. It wasn't the bounty .....IT WAS THEY DIDN't STOP THE BOUNTY AND CONTINUED TO LIE ABOUT IT!!!!

#63 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

See it depends. If we were in the exact same position as the Saints*, I wouldn't be against Jerry Richardson or the Panthers franchise, just Rivera, McDermott and Hurney.

From what I had heard when Tom Benson heard about the bounties going on and received orders to cease and desist, he told Sean Payton to do just that. From the looks of it, Benson seems clean and he fully cooperated with the NFL's investigation, unlike Loomis and the coaching staff. He probably wasn't paying close enough attention and focuses primarily on the business aspect of his franchise.

I highly doubt that if Benson was heavily involved in this that Payton, Loomis, Williams and others would let the blame and punishment fall on them without ratting him out or want to come back working for him.

#64 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Just a hypothetical question, alot of panther fans (and everybody else for that matter) is down on the Saints**.

What if it were the panthers who were busted for the bounty program? Would you still support this team?

I would not support this team until they cleaned house, IDGAF how good the team was.

But thankfully we have the classiest owner in the NFL, and coaches/players who care about each other. So fug the Saints**! Go panthers!

Everyone here would be singing a different tune and whining about the NFL just like the Saint fans. Considering how much whining goes on about some stupid ranking or how many times the disrespect card is played it would probably be worse.

#65 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

I wouldn't be a fan of the Panthers if they were the kind of team that runs a bounty program

#66 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

No we're not that stupid to do something like that.
Especially when having JR as our owner.
And our defense wouldn't even know the word 'nasty' bc they're soft.

#67 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

The Carolina Panthers organization has always been on the foundation of Character.

Oh wait...
According to an investigative report posted on the Charlotte Observer's Web site on Sunday, a number of Carolina Panthers used a vast quantity and tremendous variety of performance-enhancing drugs during the team's 2004 Super Bowl season.

#68 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Meh

#69 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

The Carolina Panthers organization has always been on the foundation of Character.

Oh wait...
According to an investigative report posted on the Charlotte Observer's Web site on Sunday, a number of [/His]Carolina Panthers[color=#333333] used a vast quantity and tremendous variety of performance-enhancing drugs during the team's 2004 Super Bowl season.

Yeah... & the commissioner told them to stop & they kept doing.... wait....

Well, the Panther fans insisted that everybody does it so.... hmmmm....

Oh I know! They told the commissioner they had stopped & then he found out.... dammit...

No way around it Sparky, you guys are idiots.

#70 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah... & the commissioner told them to stop & they kept doing.... wait....

Well, the Panther fans insisted that everybody does it so.... hmmmm....

Oh I know! They told the commissioner they had stopped & then he found out.... dammit...

No way around it Sparky, you guys are idiots.

and all the Panther fans on this board said "clean house I would never support a team that did something like abuse steroids to give us an unfair advantage" no wait...

Well the next time the Panthers get to the super bowl they will be clean, No wait that might not ever happen

Well when the Panthers won the Super Bowl they... no wait.

I guess you just can't understand unless your team has been a world champion

#71 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

and all the Panther fans on this board said "clean house I would never support a team that did something like abuse steroids to give us an unfair advantage" no wait...

Well the next time the Panthers get to the super bowl they will be clean, No wait that might not ever happen

Well when the Panthers won the Super Bowl they... no wait.

I guess you just can't understand unless your team has been a world champion

You and the Saints** fanbase have become the new Oakland fans of this century...that's not a good thing.

Your team sure is the model of winning franchise with under .500 record all time.