Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Armanti Make The Team This Year?

Does Armanti Make the Final Roster?   140 votes

1. 1. Does App State's favorite son make the Panthers team this year?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

82 posts in this topic

Posted

Id like to see how well Adams catches, may the best man win the spot is all I can say. They both have appealing qualities to me, but I dont think theres any way that Adams isnt at least returning punts for us on game 1. You've got to be fearless to do that poo and that dude doesnt seem to know what the word means from the video Ive seen so far.

What a difference from the recent memories of Drew Carter and Keary Colbert. I wont be losing any sleep that at least one guy is going to step up out of the bunch, now Im wondering how many of them will.

Posted

If anybody thinks Armanti will make the 53 man roster I have some land I'd like to sell you.

Posted

Damn AE. I wanted him to pan out, but its just not in the cards.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hell get one more shot in camp then get cut b4 the season.

Posted

Armanti will be among the 1st cuts in preseason. This is what happens when the owner falls in love with a player and demands we trade to aquire him.

Posted

Honestly, I think that Joe Adams makes Armanti's job gone. Those two are so comparable in what they do, that they can exist in the same space. Joe Adams is a more natural PR (RR said he looks very fluid and natural), he doesn't have to learn an entirely new position, and he's electric.

It's nothing against Armanti, but he had so much pressure put on him from the beginning, that he was almost destined to fail. He was virtually selected with the 33rd overall pick, he got picked by the Panthers after a great DII college career in NC, and he had to change positions coming into the NFL. Oh, and he got stuck with a lame-duck coaching staff who honestly didn't give a poo who was playing and who wasn't.

Posted

Eric Shelton was only on the team for 1 season. I don't count 2005 because he was on IR.

Hurney has his issues (better than some give credit for though IMO), agreed. But I've never really seen him hang onto a player longer than he should.

shelton was on the team for longer than one season

Posted

shelton was on the team for longer than one season

No he wasn't unless you are going to count the year he was on IR and I don't even see how you could blame that on Hurney since he wouldn't have gotten a good look at him that year. And if you are on IR, you don't count against the roster number.

He started on IR his rookie season. Was on the team his 2nd season. Then was cut at the end of camp. So 1 season he was actually active on the team.

Posted

i'd actually rather have him backing up cam than pickles

Posted

Think of the screen pass he threw to Cam that almost resulted in a touchdown. Even if he only gets to do these cheeky plays once every 5 games, it's still a factor that defenses have to account for in some way.

that was naanee, who was san diego's emergency QB before he came to us. armanti completed a pass to smitty against the texans though. d-will supposedly did some passes in last season's training camp though so maybe we'll see those this year. and that would surprise more people than armanti. we could do tons of sweeps to dwill who could then be like, "lol jk!" and throw it deep for a TD, catching them off guard or w/e. meanwhile if armanti is on the field, the defense knows its gonna be some lame wildcat play.

Posted

Honestly, I think that Joe Adams makes Armanti's job gone. Those two are so comparable in what they do, that they can exist in the same space. Joe Adams is a more natural PR (RR said he looks very fluid and natural), he doesn't have to learn an entirely new position, and he's electric.

It's nothing against Armanti, but he had so much pressure put on him from the beginning, that he was almost destined to fail. He was virtually selected with the 33rd overall pick, he got picked by the Panthers after a great DII college career in NC, and he had to change positions coming into the NFL. Oh, and he got stuck with a lame-duck coaching staff who honestly didn't give a poo who was playing and who wasn't.

tl;dr version....

he sucks

Posted

No, we stash him on the practice squad. Watch out for Kealoha. I believe he broke the record as a rookie for kick off return( the one against the lions) Rivera speaks very highly of him as well. He was always explosive to watch at UH. Tchhaauuu!!!