Photo
- - - - -

Burr says stop by the ATM machine...Biden says avoid planes and subways

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

Burr's statement seems mild compared to VP Hair Club for Men.

http://www.politico....0409/21925.html

White house quickly steps in and "refines" Biden's statement for him..

The White House quickly arranged for Biden to make this statement through a spokesperson.

“On the Today Show this morning the Vice President was asked what he would tell a family member who was considering air travel to Mexico this week. The advice he is giving family members is the same advice the Administration is giving to all Americans: that they should avoid unnecessary air travel to and from Mexico. If they are sick, they should avoid airplanes and other confined public spaces, such as subways. This is the advice the Vice President has given family members who are traveling by commercial airline this week. As the President said just last night, every American should take the same steps you would take to prevent any other flu: keep your hands washed; cover your mouth when you cough; stay home from work if you're sick; and keep your children home from school if they're sick.”

Gotta love Joe.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

Wow things must be so boring for the loyal opposition these days. We had dead Americans, an unneeded and expensive war started for non existent reasons, government wiretapping, torture, VPs living in secret bunkers, an illiterate President, a world that no longer trusted us, and you have teleprompters and Hair Club.

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

No...we have Joe. He's comedy gold, Jerry.

Want me to really get substantive? Or keep it light so you have something snarky to patronize and boost your self-confidence. I'm here to serve.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

I've heard all your arguments. Some have merit. Too bad you shoot yourself in the foot by bombarding us with non issues all the time.

I've read your views on the pot thing, and something else recently, that I thought were well thought out and logically presented. Your political views, however, are generally hack and based not on logic, but irrational passion, most likely because your guy lost the election and you want to prove to everyone that you were right and we were wrong.

If it was not for RNCs ability to grow government just like the Dems do, but with the added twist of big tax cuts to go with it, a lot of the conservative arguments would make sense. But they are out the window now - the only difference in the two parties is how the money will be spent. And on that case, you all tried it your way, lost big, and now it's the other sides turn. It could go sour very quickly, or last a decade, but eventually the pendulum will swing the other way. All we want is to not start any unneeded wars, get the US right in the eyes of the world again, and keep trying to help the planet instead of just ourselves as befits the worlds only superpower. No big deal.

#5 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

Burr's statement seems mild compared to VP Hair Club for Men.

http://www.politico....0409/21925.html

White house quickly steps in and "refines" Biden's statement for him..

Gotta love Joe.

Would you want your family flying to and back from Mexico this week? I sure as hell wouldn't.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

Would you want your family flying to and back from Mexico this week? I sure as hell wouldn't.

They have subways in Mexico?

#7 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Would you want your family to fly to and from Mexico this week?

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

Would you want your family to fly to and from Mexico this week?

Depends on where in Mexico. Big country. Would you think twice about flying into/out of Houston? Or Maine?

#9 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

Biden is gonna be comedic gold, just like Dubya was.

And he didn't mean just Mexico, he was talking about anywhere with confined spaces. I foresee a funnay SNL skit coming this weekend.

#10 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,647 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:48 AM

Pretty sure in Mexico City...10 million people live there.

#11 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Depends on where in Mexico. Big country. Would you think twice about flying into/out of Houston? Or Maine?

Yes, I would... in fact, I wouldn't be flying into/out of Houston. And I wouldn't fly anywhere in Mexico.

#12 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

Flying out of Orlando yesterday, I saw several people wearing masks. I could not help but look at them with a "WTF Face" and a quick sneeze. Douche bags.

I ate Mexican food yesterday. Served to me by Latinos. In Florida. I am the ultimate risk taker baby.

#13 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

Flying out of Orlando yesterday, I saw several people wearing masks. I could not help but look at them with a "WTF Face" and a quick sneeze. Douche bags.

I ate Mexican food yesterday. Served to me by Latinos. In Florida. I am the ultimate risk taker baby.

But did you eat pork?

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

Man...I bet the fat prostitutes in Mexico are starving.

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

But did you eat pork?

I actually had the Chicken Fajita Burrito at Chevy's and it was quite delish. Gotta go if you're ever down there.

The bartender did have a runny nose. :eek:

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com