Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Kharma Is Fixing To Bite The Acc In The A**

120 posts in this topic

I agree about FSU and Clemson leaving. I think it's only a matter of time. You'd be foolish to think conference realignments won't continue to happen.

the only part of this statement I'd agree with is the last 2 sentences.

Conference alignment will most def continue.

I'd be willing to bet in 10 years the B12 won't exist.

Doesn't look like anyone needs any facts to put an expansion scenario out there, just lots of baseless rumors.

Rumors can take on a life of their own and be destructive to a conference if allowed to persist too long. I am sure the Big East Commissioner is enjoying every minute of this.

I doubt anything will happen, but if something does happen, I suspect it will result in John Swofford retiring to spend more time with his family.

A new ACC Commissioner placing greater emphasis on football will be selected. This might placate the teams that think the conference has been going in the wrong direction for too many years.

Yeah not sure how much loner Swoff will be around. Most people hate him just based solely on the fact that he is a Tar Heel.

IMHO, trying to turn the acc into a FB conference is a mistake. Focus on your strengths. the ACC could be a very good FB conference, it basically can send two teams to a BCS game each year, but basketball is what it was built on.

I'm thinking we hear soon that fsu and Clemson are exploring other conference options. Once that happens you know they're gone. As far as a time frame I think it will be official before July 1st. Just based on some of the stuff I've seen it seems most think it will be done by late June. Will be interesting to see who all jumps but fsu and Clemson are as good as gone

Guys you have to look at it like this also....

Do you think that USC would ever allow Clemson into the SEC? Are you fuging kidding me! I know they don't have the final saying but the outrage from the admin, booster, alumni, etc would be intense. USC has the upper hand in recruiting the state finally and if Clemson were added that could change.

FSU is just a little pissy that they have to share all the money with the other ACC schools, and to be fair FSU was really the conferences first big time FB school, but guess what seminole fans? You guys are getting awesome recruiting classes and still not doing sh1t lately. Do you honestly think changing to the Big12 would change that? Jesus man you want to talk about a top heavy conference? texas basically is destroying the conference single handedly with their Longhorn network that is cutting out potential TV contracts from CBS/ESPN.

I agree with M. Touchdown. If we are talking about NC State leaving first with VT, then no there is no way in hell that is happening. Most want Tobacco Road to stay togather, and to once again like the old days be the dominant team. Now if something stupid where to happen then I pray we go to the SEC not the BIG 12.

While I love football, I also love basketball and would rather watch hoops in the ACC. If that tarheel loving assdouch john swofford would go the ACC would improve.

This is also the third year in a row where some bored journalist writes that the ACC is going to get raided and it doesnt happen.

This is also the third year in a row where some bored journalist writes that the ACC is going to get raided and it doesnt happen.

ditto. they do the opposite. A lot of people hate the ACC for several reasons: 1. Carolina/Duke 2. John Swofford and his Carolina ties. 3. And the most important, the ACC is the conference that started this whole domino effect and now the fans are butthurt that they can't play Pittsburgh in a rivalry game no one watches.

I don't see this big 12/SEC thing as such a big deal. They basically redid this years cotton bowl and made it permanent. While it wasn't a bad game, I hardly think a matchup similar to Arkansas and Kstate is going to kill a conference.

Fwiw, if FSU and Clemson hate the ACC for being Carolina centric, they are going to loathe the big 12 where its Texas maybe Oklahoma, and 10 other interchangeable schools.

Do you think that USC would ever allow Clemson into the SEC? Are you fuging kidding me! I know they don't have the final saying but the outrage from the admin, booster, alumni, etc would be intense. USC has the upper hand in recruiting the state finally and if Clemson were added that could change.

lol... the SEC doesn't give a flying-fug what South Carolina wants. Clemson has a larger market of fans in college football. South Carolina has no leverage. They already play every season anyway. It would actually make the game matter now.

It would actually make the game matter now.

Lol go tell that to USC and tiger fans

Big xii meetings are at the end of this month. Expansion will be discussed. They might for the new commissioner to start before formal invites would be in july. Bigxii will be around for atleast 13 year all the teams signed over their tv rights for that long except tier 3 rights