Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kharma Is Fixing To Bite The Acc In The A**

120 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Squirrel' timestamp='1337795977' post='1781231']
Expanded footprint for the SEC. NC market would be huge for them. But I honestly dont see SEC/BigTen/Pac12 expanding any time soon. They all seem happy where they are the only one that will be expanding this round is Big XII.
[/quote]

I agree that the SEC would love to move into NC. But you're dreaming about NCSU. The SEC has a better chance of landing ECU than State.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Squirrel' timestamp='1337795216' post='1781224']
Couple of things.

Rumor is the Big XII will pay for all travel dont know if I beleive that one or not.
As far BC going to Ivy league that was a joke and the rest is worst case scenerio for the ACC. dont see all that happening in the next couple of years. But if the other conferences go to 16 that would the most likely destinations for those teams. But FSU/ Clemson to BigXII is sounding more likely everyday and Rumors of GT (which I dont see happening anytime soon).

VTech and NC St have been rumored SEC next choices and If FSU and Clemson leave VT wont wait around they will leave as soon as they can. The rest is just domino effects Pitt already went through this once and wont do it again.

So far Rumored
FSU
Clemson
GT
VT
Miami
have had indirect contact with the Big XII. Miami right now is a poison pill with pending NCAA sanctions and Budget cuts to athletics.
[/quote]

rumored from who? the only one I heard with some credibility was about FSU.

Can't wait for football to start so all this non sense will go away (just like the big east).

Posted · Report post

FSU isn't going anywhere

Posted · Report post

Clemson's BoT is meeting tomorrow to discuss realignment.

Posted · Report post

You guys act like just because a conference gets a team in the state, the whole state rides along and is a fan of that conference. That is not how it works at all. NC State has a loyal fan base, but it's a small fan base compared to teams they could grab from surrounding states.

Posted · Report post

Its a small fanbase relative to another team within the state.

I think if the SEC could get a team in North Carolina, they would want UNC. Ain't gonna happen, but it sure would be funny to hear the howls coming out of Clemson and FSU if it did. :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II' timestamp='1337804248' post='1781429']
Its a small fanbase relative to another team within the state.

I think if the SEC could get a team in North Carolina, they would want UNC. Ain't gonna happen, but it sure would be funny to hear the howls coming out of Clemson and FSU if it did. :)
[/quote]The SEC knows it would never get UNC. UNC would never leave the ACC because the ACC does what UNC wants. UNC runs the ACC.

NC State would leave though. It would give the SEC millions more television sets. It doesn't matter if most people in the state would or wouldn't watch. Distribution is all that matters.

If they can get into NC, the SEC can then launch their proposed SEC network in NC. Since cable providers pay to carry a channel, the SEC makes money regardless of if people are watching NC State play or not.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tensor' timestamp='1337805371' post='1781448']
The SEC knows it would never get UNC. UNC would never leave the ACC because the ACC does what UNC wants. UNC runs the ACC.

NC State would leave though. It would give the SEC millions more television sets. It doesn't matter if most people in the state would or wouldn't watch. Distribution is all that matters.

If they can get into NC, the SEC can then launch their proposed SEC network in NC. Since cable providers pay to carry a channel, the SEC makes money regardless of if people are watching NC State play or not.
[/quote]

If NC State was an established fan base, I'd agree. Right now, NC State's games would only be televised locally. No one wants to watch a mediocre or worse team like NC State play against SEC competition.

North Carolina also has so many residents from other states, which include Virginia and South Carolina. If they were to go after one of (or both of) those teams, they'd also get a draw from NC viewers. Most of NC is not a fan of NC State and will not tune in to watch them get destroyed by SEC competition. They just wont.

Posted · Report post

ESPN been talking and printing about FSU and Clemson to bigxii the past week.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Squirrel']Kharma Is Fixing To Bite The Acc In The Ass[/quote]
[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/204/870/Kharma_crop_340x234.jpg?1304306749[/img]

I'd be afraid of that biting me anywhere.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Squirrel' timestamp='1337812829' post='1781553']
ESPN been talking and printing about FSU and Clemson to bigxii the past week.
[/quote]

Its the sports off season, and they have little else to talk about. If it was August, there would be barely a mention of it.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have heard the same rumor that the big 12 would be paying for travel expenses but not sure if it's true or not. One poster mentioned why not Miami over Clemson. The rumor going around is that Miami could be left dangling for a while because they're about to get the hammer dropped on them by the NCAA. This will also make it tough for them to return to that national prominence you're referring to