#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,032 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Squirrel you remind me a lot of Venom. Don't post much except for certain areas. Good for one or two intriguing thoughts occasionally, but for the most part you're so far off the deep end it's pointless to try and discuss things with you in a reasonable manner.

Go ahead and think what you want but you're talking out of your ass and have no credible evidence to support your claim.

#32 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Like anyone in this thread has discussed it besides me. Every reply has been it won't happen or bashing me. I would like to hear the opinions and discuss it as I see it happening in the next month.

#33 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I see it happening in the next month.

This alone ensures it not happening

Keep on bein butthurt cuz no one takes you srsly

#34 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'm thinking we hear soon that fsu and Clemson are exploring other conference options. Once that happens you know they're gone. As far as a time frame I think it will be official before July 1st. Just based on some of the stuff I've seen it seems most think it will be done by late June. Will be interesting to see who all jumps but fsu and Clemson are as good as gone

#35 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

James and mrtouchdowl seem keep talking about butt hurt. Y'all must like that.

Get back to me when you have researched the subject you bring nothing to this thread but yalls fantasies. Last time I reply to yalls childnish. When you want to discuss the thread topic let me know.

#36 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,185 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Doesn't look like anyone needs any facts to put an expansion scenario out there, just lots of baseless rumors.

Rumors can take on a life of their own and be destructive to a conference if allowed to persist too long. I am sure the Big East Commissioner is enjoying every minute of this.

I doubt anything will happen, but if something does happen, I suspect it will result in John Swofford retiring to spend more time with his family.

A new ACC Commissioner placing greater emphasis on football will be selected. This might placate the teams that think the conference has been going in the wrong direction for too many years.

#37 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

I agree about FSU and Clemson leaving. I think it's only a matter of time. You'd be foolish to think conference realignments won't continue to happen.

As for the rest of Squirrel's scenario, the simple fact that he thinks the SEC would consider picking NC State is...interesting? If the SEC is going to move into markets up around there, I find it far more likely that they go for the VT, Clemson, or Georgia Tech market.

#38 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

If State went to the SEC I really would not care but honestly I dont see these things happening. Alot of this is speculation at this point. This might be the first year in awhile I am not really excited about college football. All of this conference/money(ESPN) talk is getting old.

I wish the ACC was still 9 teams but those days are dead. It went from being a southern/mid-atlantic conference to that jackoff swoffords new big east.

"John Swofford took over as commissioner of the ACC in 1997. At that time, the ACC had the richest media rights deal in college athletics and the crown jewel of the college sports world in many peoples opinion was the ACC Basketball tournament. 15 years later Swofford faces the fight of his life to keep his league relevant in a rapidly changing world of college athletics."

Edited by cavic7585, 22 May 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#39 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

If State went to the SEC I really would not care but honestly I dont see these things happening. Alot of this is speculation at this point. This might be the first year in awhile I am not really excited about college football. All of this conference/money(ESPN) talk is getting old.

I wish the ACC was still 9 teams but those days are dead. It went from being a southern/mid-atlantic conference to that jackoff swoffords new big east.

"John Swofford took over as commissioner of the ACC in 1997. At that time, the ACC had the richest media rights deal in college athletics and the crown jewel of the college sports world in many peoples opinion was the ACC Basketball tournament. 15 years later Swofford faces the fight of his life to keep his league relevant in a rapidly changing world of college athletics."

Nice avatar. That is all.

#40 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,032 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

James and mrtouchdowl seem keep talking about butt hurt. Y'all must like that.

Get back to me when you have researched the subject you bring nothing to this thread but yalls fantasies. Last time I reply to yalls childnish. When you want to discuss the thread topic let me know.

I have researched the subject. The ACC is expanding and is one of the premiere conferences top to bottom in the country along with the SEC and B10. The ACC basically has college hoops by the balls, especially with the ESPN contract, much like the SEC has college FB.

It's pretty obvious you're jaded about WVU getting kicked to the curb.

NCSU will never, ever leave the ACC. They are one of the only FB programs that can legitimately challenge VT, Clemson, or FSU for football, and they're attached to the hip with ACC hoops b/c of tobacco road. One of the draws of that school is being able to recruit players who were turned down by Carolina and Duke. If they left the ACC to play in the SEC or BIG12 it would lose so much money and endowments it would be a complete, and utter financial disaster. Playing WVU or Baylor in the RBC center doesn't have quite the ring to it as does playing Carolina, Duke, or even fuging Wake Forrest.

Syracuse and Pitt havent even officially joined the ACC yet and you're already writing them off to join another conference. That makes a lot of sense. Especially since Syracuse is SUING the Big East to let them get to the ACC earlier.

I'm not a fan of getting a lot of these yankee schools here, either. And I honestly wish that WVU would have joined the ACC instead of Pitt, Cuse, or BC, but what's done is done. Deal with it. IMHO, it's just a matter of time until the ACC expands again to allow UCONN and Rutgers to join the league.

The ACC is a NCAA super power and if any team leaves it will because Swofford and the ACC has asked them to.

PS: This is side note based on some information I've heard from my good friends Uncle. My friends uncle is an Athletic Director at an ACC school I will, never, ever name. Most of you wouldn't believe me if I told you anyway.

He told me that a lot of conferences are extremely bitter, and pissed at how one of the most corrupt companies in the USA, also known as the NCAA are ran by greedy beuracrats (spelling sorry) and are killing the financial interests of individual schools and conferences (see the NCAA bball selection committee)

It's no big deal if a kid gets popped with a DUI or gets caught with a little weed, or even gets arrested for knocking some frat kid out at a party. But God forbid the assistant coach gives a player $20 so he can take a girl to get some pizza on a friday night.

The long term is goal is to create 4 super power conferences and eventually do away with the NCAA all together and form their own athletic union. From my understanding, the conferences would be the ACC, SEC, P12 and B10.

take it for what it's worth.

One last thing Squirrel, u said you've done some research on the subject and you're convinced this will all happen very soon. Care to share that information? And don't you dare send me a link to bleacher report.

#41 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,032 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I agree about FSU and Clemson leaving. I think it's only a matter of time. You'd be foolish to think conference realignments won't continue to happen.

the only part of this statement I'd agree with is the last 2 sentences.

Conference alignment will most def continue.

I'd be willing to bet in 10 years the B12 won't exist.

#42 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,032 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Doesn't look like anyone needs any facts to put an expansion scenario out there, just lots of baseless rumors.

Rumors can take on a life of their own and be destructive to a conference if allowed to persist too long. I am sure the Big East Commissioner is enjoying every minute of this.

I doubt anything will happen, but if something does happen, I suspect it will result in John Swofford retiring to spend more time with his family.

A new ACC Commissioner placing greater emphasis on football will be selected. This might placate the teams that think the conference has been going in the wrong direction for too many years.

Yeah not sure how much loner Swoff will be around. Most people hate him just based solely on the fact that he is a Tar Heel.

IMHO, trying to turn the acc into a FB conference is a mistake. Focus on your strengths. the ACC could be a very good FB conference, it basically can send two teams to a BCS game each year, but basketball is what it was built on.

#43 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,032 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm thinking we hear soon that fsu and Clemson are exploring other conference options. Once that happens you know they're gone. As far as a time frame I think it will be official before July 1st. Just based on some of the stuff I've seen it seems most think it will be done by late June. Will be interesting to see who all jumps but fsu and Clemson are as good as gone

Guys you have to look at it like this also....

Do you think that USC would ever allow Clemson into the SEC? Are you fuging kidding me! I know they don't have the final saying but the outrage from the admin, booster, alumni, etc would be intense. USC has the upper hand in recruiting the state finally and if Clemson were added that could change.

FSU is just a little pissy that they have to share all the money with the other ACC schools, and to be fair FSU was really the conferences first big time FB school, but guess what seminole fans? You guys are getting awesome recruiting classes and still not doing sh1t lately. Do you honestly think changing to the Big12 would change that? Jesus man you want to talk about a top heavy conference? texas basically is destroying the conference single handedly with their Longhorn network that is cutting out potential TV contracts from CBS/ESPN.

#44 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

I agree with M. Touchdown. If we are talking about NC State leaving first with VT, then no there is no way in hell that is happening. Most want Tobacco Road to stay togather, and to once again like the old days be the dominant team. Now if something stupid where to happen then I pray we go to the SEC not the BIG 12.
While I love football, I also love basketball and would rather watch hoops in the ACC. If that tarheel loving assdouch john swofford would go the ACC would improve.

This is also the third year in a row where some bored journalist writes that the ACC is going to get raided and it doesnt happen.

#45 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,032 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

This is also the third year in a row where some bored journalist writes that the ACC is going to get raided and it doesnt happen.

ditto. they do the opposite. A lot of people hate the ACC for several reasons: 1. Carolina/Duke 2. John Swofford and his Carolina ties. 3. And the most important, the ACC is the conference that started this whole domino effect and now the fans are butthurt that they can't play Pittsburgh in a rivalry game no one watches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.