Photo
- - - - -

Sports Blog By Panther Fan...

Fans take on Cam Cam Newton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Am i the only guy that watched the pro bowl and EVERYBODY took it easy untill cam came in?

#26 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

also he breaks out the whole "i don't know about you guys but i want to win football games and i'm not content to sit around and watch losing teams so long as the quarterback looks pretty doing it and i'm just so concerned that panthers fans don't feel like me and the organization is heading in the wrong direction because they value style over substance and blah blah" hand-wringing which is a hot pile of bullshit.

this kind of argument stands in interesting contrast to the jake delhomme/john fox fetishism a lot of the PFFL-type posters cling to. those two lost a ton of football games after 2005 and looked like total poo doing it a lot of the time so i guess it's a double-negative that becomes a positive somehow. of course, this is a massively simplistic argument that doesn't tell the whole story, but i'd challenge anyone to categorize this blog post as anything but precisely that anyway.

#27 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'm still convinced it is one of his vanity blogs. He doesn't talk about YPP anymore because by the end of the season, the data didn't fit his argument. The Golden Calf of Bristol got traded, so he is soiled now. It's better to talk about Dalton.

Whoever it is, it is apparent they watch a different game than the rest of us.

this could be true too. i mean creating a bunch of different usernames under which to spout bullshit is hardly something strange when it comes to PFFL.

#28 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

If the writer could have backed up his points with long paragraphs about yards per point, I would be in favor of us cutting Cam or at least trading him for Matt Moore. But since he didn't, I guess I'll resign myself to being satisfied with our record breaking, potentially game changing quarterback.

#29 Killa Cam 69

Killa Cam 69

King of the Hill

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

I hate dumb people

#30 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

If the writer could have backed up his points with long paragraphs about yards per point, I would be in favor of us cutting Cam or at least trading him for Matt Moore. But since he didn't, I guess I'll resign myself to being satisfied with our record breaking, potentially game changing quarterback.

nooooooo he's not game changing. andy dalton is a game changer because the texans pissed in his mouth and teabagged his tear stained face in the first round of the playoffs and cam didn't even make it so put that there wad in your pipe and smoke it.

also cam newton looked bad in the pro bowl. the fact that he made it doesn't matter because it's a popularity contest and something something the media but how he played in that game is an important barometer for the rest of his career and i did not like what i done seen.

and the towel thing. oh my god, the towel thing. cut him now and hope we can trade a first to the texans for the rights to jake delhomme's rigor mortis ridden corpse. i always thought he got a bad rap and the fans ran him out of town. then we can draft defense in the first round every year until we're finally good enough to win games 13-6 in the regular season and then get a lucky draw in the playoffs where we don't have to play anyone with a good offense and then back in to a title hopefully against a weak cinderella AFC team with an injured quarterback or a coaching staff that gets stuck in traffic on the way to the stadium or something.

that's how you win championships. not by "putting up stats" or "scoring points" or "having a quarterback who looks like he enjoys playing football". we need a quarterback who doesn't look like he enjoys scoring touchdowns. did you ever see jake delhomme jumping around and screaming while hugging his teammates or running toward the chargers' end zone like jimmy v. after throwing a game winning touchdown on the last play of the game? didn't think so.

i mean geez cam act like you've been there.