#61 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

After thinking about it for a little while I'll take K2. Shoot why not? Him and Greg Olsen would be sick!

#62 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

At first, I didnt want this guy. Too cocky and didnt think he would be a good fit here.

Then I remembered something. Our QB has swag. He can turn K2's cockiness into straight swag.

Id love to have K2.

#63 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Adam Schefter

A deal between free-agent tight end Dallas Clark and the Buccaneers is expected in the next 24 hours, according to a league source.

#64 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

1 he will want to start, Strike one
2 he will want to get paid, strike two
3 he's kind of a douche, strike three

Are you talking about K2 or Deangelo Hall?

#65 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

DeAngelo has worked out quite well in Washington. One year removed from the Pro Bowl and is a respected member in the locker room well liked by teammates and coaches. Soo i really don't see the analogy between the two.

#66 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

DeAngelo has worked out quite well in Washington. One year removed from the Pro Bowl and is a respected member in the locker room well liked by teammates and coaches. Soo i really don't see the analogy between the two.

What was his reputation like before he signed with Washington?

#67 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Kind of an immature hot head with loads of talent. A gambler, former pro bowler who didn't fit in after signing with Oakland.

#68 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,086 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Do want.

#69 rnr

rnr

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

He hasn't missed a single game in 3 years. He's only 28 and as someone already mentioned, had his best Pro-Bowl season under Chud.

He was 7th in receptions for TEs in 2011 behind Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Pettigrew, Tony Gonzalez, Aaron Hernandez and Jason Witten. 13th among TEs in total yard, 9th in receptions that produced a 1st down.

All this on a Bucs offense that was fuging terrible and dealing with Josh Freeman who finished the year with a QB rating below All-World studs like Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez and Tarvaris Jackson (he did barely beat out The Golden Calf of Bristol though).

And the Bucs coaching staff had one foot out the door. The players had all but given up and they were the absolute worst team in the league the 2nd half of last season. This didn't sit well with Winslow, being the competitor that he is. He wanted to go out and kick some ass but the coaches were busy updating their resumes and the rest of the team didn't give a sh*t and packed it in the entire 2nd half of the season. Now the new coaching regime wants to avoid any such "clashes" so he's on his way out.

Basically the Bucs are idiots/pussies for letting him go and we'd be lucky as hell to get him.

#70 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Any team will be lucky to have him but at what price.. I feel he will go to the highest bidder. If Carolina is to throw that kind of money around it shouldn't be on a backup tightend.

#71 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

the only knocks on Shock were attitude and health. Legit reasons to be moved. I don't know why KW keeps moving. He just always is. Not saying it would be terrible but I have always been curious about why he seems to underachieve with so much talent. I don't think Shock, while healthy, ever underachieved.

Keep moving? He is entering his 9th year and have played for two teams. He is avg about 800 yds a season if that is underachieve then I would love some of that.

#72 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'd still rather have Shockey though.

By the way, I noticed you changed your sig pic from Kobe and Bynum to Kershaw and Kemp. You gotta keep the faith man. Teams have come back from being down 1-3 before.

Unfortunately the last loss was the nail in the coffin. They are still my team and I will root for them tonight like I do every other time, but after that loss I felt it was time to just start focusing on baseball season until camp. I would love for them to win but it's just over, OKC should win it all.

#73 falconlynx

falconlynx

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Would love to see Winslow II join the Panthers.

Olsen and Winslow on each side would trump Gronkowski and Hernandez. You can never have enough fast, tall match-up problems in a Chudzinsky run offense. Already, this could be the most explosive offense ever. If you add Winslow, there's even more potential.

Regarding his attitude problems, I think Rivera and his former coach would keep him in check.

#74 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Any team will be lucky to have him but at what price.. I feel he will go to the highest bidder. If Carolina is to throw that kind of money around it shouldn't be on a backup tightend.

it's not a boon anymore to have depth at receiving positions. in today's game it's pretty much required to have a prolific pass offense unless you're like peyton manning in 2009 and receivers could run circles past the line of scrimmage and he'll still get the ball to them.

Also both Shockey and Olsen were starters at TE because we ran 2 TE sets much of the time on offense last year, so Winslow wouldn't be on the sidelines much in this offense. Plus, Olsen disappeared at the end of last season when Winslow was still producing late into December.

So far the Chud connection is probably the only thing he's got going for him if he wants to play here. I don't think our FO appreciates that he whiffs on OTAs. They were pretty thrilled to break that "100% participation" thing a few weeks ago.

Also he's not a linebacker or running back.

#75 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

it's not a boon anymore to have depth at receiving positions. in today's game it's pretty much required to have a prolific pass offense unless you're like peyton manning in 2009 and receivers could run circles past the line of scrimmage and he'll still get the ball to them.

Also both Shockey and Olsen were starters at TE because we ran 2 TE sets much of the time on offense last year, so Winslow wouldn't be on the sidelines much in this offense. Plus, Olsen disappeared at the end of last season when Winslow was still producing late into December.

So far the Chud connection is probably the only thing he's got going for him if he wants to play here. I don't think our FO appreciates that he whiffs on OTAs. They were pretty thrilled to break that "100% participation" thing a few weeks ago.

Also he's not a linebacker or running back.

Yeah but that was before Carolina signed Tolbert to start at Fullback so someone is going to the bench. Tolbert, Winslow or Olsen. I believe the money it would cost to sign him would be better spent at cornerback or even a solid pass rusher if one shakes loose after June 1st.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.