Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain this to me.

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Flat tax...no deductions.

Until we get there, someone will always be unhappy.

Posted

Trust me. A being a single, childless non home owner in a decent tax bracket, I am well aware who bears the brunt.

Not to be a smug dick, but did I miss anything.

Posted

Not to be a smug dick, but did I miss anything.

No deductions for kids or mortgage interest = pain.

Posted

No deductions for kids or mortgage interest = pain.

Sorry I forgot the classic "adopt a foreign kid instead of destroying my figure so I can get a child tax deduction". Plus expenses incurred during an adoption are tax deductible.

Posted

Trust me. A being a single, childless non home owner in a decent tax bracket, I am well aware who bears the brunt.

You have still missed my point. Graduated income tax is based on income Not Accumulated wealth, hence you can be rich without having a large income and you can have a large income without having a large amount of accumulated wealth.

Ps having children can be more considerably more expensive than the money you save in taxes.

Posted

Yeah, that's what I don't get. This dude was so concerned about taxing the rich, when he has no chance of being rich.

Kinda like the whole Joe sixpack dilemma.

I don't know any hourly workers who haven't mentioned how much more money they'd be making if it weren't for all the deductions by the gov't. I completely understand that the gov't has to run and the only way it can run is on taxes, but when the amount of money is blown every year that our gov't completely wastes, it leaves a person (particularly a person who has performed a week of strenuous physical labor) a bit jaded toward said gov't that is taking that money.

Posted

You have still missed my point. Graduated income tax is based on income Not Accumulated wealth, hence you can be rich without having a large income and you can have a large income without having a large amount of accumulated wealth.

Ps having children can be more considerably more expensive than the money you save in taxes.

And you've missed the point that the current system is harder on wages, not income.

And of course children are more expensive that the subsidy.

Posted

And of course children are more expensive that the subsidy.

you log back on in the morning when you sober up and you correct this shiite mister

Posted

Both sides are based in greed.

Rich: "I earned what I earned (or was given was I was given) and it's mine and nobody else should have it." Greedy, materialistic.

Not Rich: "Life hasn't treated me like the rich guy and it's not fair that he gets all that while I don't." Greedy, materialistic.

The poor want to be rich and the rich want to be richer. Both sides are equally focused on the tangibles. Makes you think.