Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KissMyConverse

Alex Smith Had Some Choice Words About Mr. Newton.

When a QB throws for over 300 yards, the likelihood his team will win is about 53% so you could say he does have a point there. Watching both of their playoff games last year, AS does need to get a lot better if he want's his team to win a superbowl. He was able to get big plays to Vernon Davis but that man could not sustain offense for his team in either game. Alex was a major factor why they couldn't beat the Giants in the NFCC. Fuger was 1 for 12-15 on 3rd down in that game. Sustaining offense does help your team and he hasn't shown that he's capable of doing that in his NFL career. He has no excuses this year, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, A top 3 TE in the game and a pretty darn good running attack. Excuse time is over, put up or shut up. .

Cam is not the reason why the Panthers lost as much as they did, and Alex Smith ain't the reason why the 49ers won as much as they did. On top of having the best defense in the league, the 49ers had a great running game and special teams that constantly gave them excellent field position (for field goals, LOL)

The Golden Calf of Bristol could have led last year's 49ers to 13-3. Hell, maybe even better

delusional fan base is..... delusional

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120524172215AAUbE3l

Everybody on the 49er forum seems to think Cam was given a golden situation & that Alex would have put up better numbers his rookie year if given the same situation. They said all Cam's yardage & td's came from blow out garbage time.

I thought we had a 4th quarter lead in 14 or 15 games?

When a QB throws for over 300 yards, the likelihood his team will win is about 53% so you could say he does have a point there.

Per NFLN, it is 54% over the last 10 years, so that actually negates his point.

Everybody on the 49er forum seems to think Cam was given a golden situation & that Alex would have put up better numbers his rookie year if given the same situation. They said all Cam's yardage & td's came from blow out garbage time.

I thought we had a 4th quarter lead in 14 or 15 games?

it's bizarre reading poo like this. the narrative is just totally in flux now.

i mean seriously does nobody remember the pre-draft talk about newton? he was supposed to be too dumb to run an NFL offense and would need 2-3 years on the bench to be an effective starter if his fake smile and attitude problems didn't tear the locker room apart in the first place. even if he became a starter he would forever be relegated to relying on his athleticism far more than his arm or football IQ. also he was allegedly going to a team that was just about the absolute pits featuring an offense full of has-beens and declining stars with a bad coaching staff (lol y did panthers hire ron rivara he's a defensive coach they need gruden or cower).

now it's a year later and the knock on newton is that he supposedly walked into a dream situation and didn't have to make a lot of his own luck when it came to running a wide-open NFL offense with no leash because he had quality coaching and very good offensive talent. wat.

I think that by the time the offseason had finished, the situation Cam came into was significantly better than what we had at the end of 2010. In that respect, I think we had a lot of pieces on offense to help him whereas I think he would have struggled quite a bit more had he been our QB in 2010. However, there is no denying that what Cam did was about what Cam is capable of doing not about his hand being held or this situation being so amazingly awesome for a young QB. I mean hell, saying it was an amazing situation totally neglects the reality of the two other units we were fielding being complete garbage for almost all of the season.

Now I do think Cam's stats will be lower this year if: 1) the defense and special teams play better, 2) Chud gets more used to the running backs he has. That is not to say Cam will play worse at all, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a drop in production despite an increase in wins. If anything, QBs being succesful with lower stats is as much of an indication of the quality of the situation a anything else

At first I took the notion that Smith was not throwing barbs at the Panthers when I READ the quote, but I just heard the audio and it sounds like a low blow. To me it sounds like he is defending his stats by throwing the Panthers under the bus. Fugem. Load the Chamber boys!

Sometime soon, Moss will be in his face and Smith will be feeling like a sad little school girl. Any confidence Smith has going into the season, Moss will step on.

Alex Smith is a game manager

Cam Newton is a playmaker

The two should never be compared. Smith was dumb for doing it. Smith didn't have a great years and the OC changes are a big reason for his struggles. Nothing wrong with a good game manager.

In all honestly, Cam probably would have struggled if asked to be a game manager like Smith last year. Not who he is....what he does

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PanthersToast88