• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

So I'm out to lunch here in Ft Worth at a place called Railhead BBQ (GREAT food, btw) with a group of co-workers, and while I'm eating I look over at tht next table and notice some guys that look like they've been out playing golf... I notice that one of them looks quite familiar... A double-take later, I realize it's Matt Doherty... Our groups both stand to leave at the same time, so while passing him I look at him and say "Go TarHeels"... He said "Hey! That's right!"... He asked me if I was from NC, and i told him I was... He asked where from, and I told him the Greensboro area... He told me that he was moving back to NC next month... I asked him if he was gonna be coaching, and he said "No, gonna be fishing... and might do some broadcasting." I told him to enjoy being back home, and good luck with the broadcasting... He shook my hand and that was it... Was a very, very nice guy... Would have liked to have had more time to chat...

Thought you guys would enjoy that on an otherwise slow Thursday...

#2 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Ived met him in person and he really is a nice guy. Just not a great coach. He can recruit with the best of them, just doesn't know what to do with them once he's got them.

PS...I almost hit Roy with my car going thru campus in 2007. I was looking at a hot girl walking down the side walk and just happened to look in front of me and there was Coach at the cross walk jogging with, I think it was Haase. I had to slam on brakes to avoid hitting him and coach just stared at me. After a second or two I yelled Go Heels! and he looked back and smiled at me. It was awesome.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,276 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Tell him all the NC State fans miss him

#4 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

Both of them.

#5 SN03

SN03

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Tell him all the NC State fans miss him

Almost as much as they miss being relevant.

#6 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,276 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Almost as much as they miss being relevant.

Says Wake Techs finest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.