260 replies to this topic

#61 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

No, no he wasn't, top ten yes. And i hope he comes back at full strength no doubt.

Yeah name three better inside linebackers from 2010.

#62 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Grits, when two people are arguing, are you the guy that says "YEA!" after every word the guy you agree with says something?

#63 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,567 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

This would get interesting if Willis, responds. But I think he knows Smith is shitty also.

#64 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,754 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Grits thinks London Fletcher is better than Beason as the Redskins are tearing 10,000 seats out of FedEx field because of sh*tty attendance.

#65 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yeah name three better inside linebackers from 2010.

off the top of my head

Willis
Lewis
Urlacher
Fletcher
Harris
Mayo was great back then.
Beason fits in here as well i would say top 5.
Ryans was great as well, before the system change

#66 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

man, the more these athletes talk over tweeter or what not, well, the worse they sound

#67 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Grits, when two people are arguing, are you the guy that says "YEA!" after every word the guy you agree with says something?

oh yeah

#68 Mr Smiley

Mr Smiley

Nooblet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Locationcharlotte

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

There was only one linebacker better then Jon beason. Seriously london fletcher? Demeco Ryans? Harris whoo? And while not washed up i dk about ray lewis he's pretty old. That list is just preposterous

#69 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

off the top of my head

Willis
Lewis
Urlacher
Fletcher
Harris
Mayo was great back then.
Beason fits in here as well i would say top 5.
Ryans was great as well, before the system change

Alright, I can understand Willis and Urlacher. Wouldn't agree with Fletcher but it is cool. But Mayo? He doesn't touch Beason in coverage and never has had a season where he made the amount of splash plays Beast did in '09. Mayo just records a bunch of tackles, that is it.

In particular, in Beason's 09 season, he recorded 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 7 PDs, 1 FF, 10 stuffs. Mayo has never even came close to an overall game like that. As a matter of fact, '11 is the only season Mayo's ever recorded an interception. Even in '10, despite playing at OLB quite a bit with crap at DT (compared to Mayo, who has Wilfork), Beason had a sack and an interception, 8 PD, 2 FF, 9 stuffs. Sorry but Beason > Mayo and it really isn't close.

Lewis is an interesting one. Every time I begin doubting him, he shows why his instincts alone are enough to make him one of the best in the game. I'd go with Beason personally because Lewis' athleticism has really declined but it could go either way and I'd understand. The only LBs I'd say are better than Beast right now are Willis and Urlacher.

#70 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Alright, I can understand Willis, Urlacher, and Fletcher. Wouldn't agree with Fletcher but to it is cool. But Mayo? He doesn't touch Beason in coverage and never has had a season where he made the amount of splash plays Beast did in '09. Mayo just records a bunch of tackles, that is it.

In particular, in Beason's 09 season, he recorded 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 7 PDs, 1 FF, 10 stuffs. Mayo has never even came close to an overall game like that. As a matter of fact, '11 is the only season Mayo's ever recorded an interception. Even in '10, despite playing at OLB quite a bit with crap at DT (compared to Mayo, who has Wilfork), Beason had a sack and an interception, 8 PD, 2 FF, 9 stuffs. Sorry but Beason > Mayo and it really isn't close.

yeah like i said i was just popping guys off at the top of my head. Mayo was a huge reach sorry.

#71 SN03

SN03

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

You guys are cynical. You cry D-Will, who is only 29yo, is on the decline & no longer elite. Then talk about how 37yo Lewis & 34yo Urlacher are still elite & better than Jon Beason.

#72 TuckerMax25

TuckerMax25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Popcorn you're so uneducated it's offensive, I don't want to be part of panther nation with people like you

#73 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Popcorn you're so uneducated it's offensive, I don't want to be part of panther nation with people like you

He's openly not a member of Panther Nation.

#74 TuckerMax25

TuckerMax25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

Beason did the right thing. Smith is trash. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's never completed more than58% of his passes, never had 20 tds in a season. Oh ya took him 6 years to throw 3000 yards. His rookie season he threw 1 td with 11 pics. Hea just upset because hes finally realizing his excuse of new coaches each year is over because he new regime there isnt leaving.

#75 TuckerMax25

TuckerMax25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

He's openly not a member of Panther Nation.

haha well my bad then, I don't usually mess with he forums but pretty stoked about our upcoming season. N why do our mods let non fans here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com