Photo
- - - - -

Jon V. Luke: Give It A Rest, Please. Rivera's Gonna Do What Rivera Does.

Jon Beason Luke Kuechly Alex Smith Troll Popcornpopper grits

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Man, I can't even enjoy a thread where Jon Beason rips Alex Smith---with swift surgical precision---a new one for Smith's not-so-clever swipe at Cam and the Panthers. As opposed to savoring the repeated battering of Smith for his stupidity and/or ignorance, I subject myself to the Jon Beason v. Luke Kuechly posts (all because that a skillful "troll" steered the thread in that direction with a near imperceptible turn of the wheel).

Look, people, the fact is that what will be will be. Kuechly projects to be a wonderful pro linebacker, but hasn't proven anything yet. Hell, he hasn't even had the opportunity because the 2012 season has yet to begin. Beason has proven that he can play at the highest level as a linebacker in the NFL. Beason has been a beast at the MLB position, so much so that there was an obvious fall-off in production when he was moved to the edge when Thomas Davis was injured. Beason may be the presumed incumbent as the MLB, and would have even more of a stranglehold on the position, but he got bitten by the injury bug, suffering an injury that puts not only his role as MLB in jeopardy but his NFL career. That's where Kuechly comes in. Kuechly's arrival came in the middle (pun untended) of the perfect storm.

Ron Rivera's words, and now actions, speak to competition, but they are also respectful of veterans who go about their business in the right way. Of course he is not going to thoughtlessly replace Beason as the starting MLB in favor of Kuechly without seeing what each player can do within Rivera's vision of the overall defense. To suggest anything else is just indicative of being ill-informed about the situation and Ron Rivera, the man. If Beason returns anywhere near the middle linebacker that he was before he suffered the injury, then obviously Kuechly is going to have to be a helluva middle linebacker to wrest the position from Beast. This should be obvious. But, if Kuechly can pull it off, then it's also going to be obvious that Kuechly is the man for the MLB job.

In the end, Kuechly may be our starting MLB, but the transition is not going to be sudden or thoughtless (unless Beason can't suddenly do the job). But, until then Luke will happily fill his role---being between the rock, Beason, and the hard place, Rivera. If it's this season, 10 seasons from now, or never, Luke will be moved to his natural position if Rivera deems it best for the defense. The thing about it though is that Beason is such the professional that Rivera is not going to have to step on Jon's toes to get Beason to move over. They both are gonna ultimately do what is best for the team without acrimony, and I am sure that the rookie is going to do the same. As intelligent fans, we should really let it play out before spewing out baseless and unproductive speculation.

#2 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Its pretty common sense. The best players will be on the field for the given situation. There is no Beason vs Kuch, its all in your heads.

#3 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

I subject myself to the Jon Beason v. Luke Kuechly posts (all because that a skillful "troll" steered the thread in that direction with a near imperceptible turn of the wheel). [/size][/i]
Near imperceptible? It was about as subtle as a freight train.

#4 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Jon Beason is a big, black man who is really fast and strong.
Luke Kuechly is a big, white man who is really fast and will get stronger.

They are both good. They are both Panthers.

/thread?

#5 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Why does the Panther in your signature have a moustache instead of whiskers?

#6 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Why does the Panther in your signature have a moustache instead of whiskers?

Obviously the Bobcats and Panthers logo together. Which I don't approve of.

Bobcats are a poorly run organization, and are an embarrassment to Charlotte in general.

#7 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

Obviously the Bobcats and Panthers logo together. Which I don't approve of.

Bobcats are a poorly run organization, and are an embarrassment to Charlotte in general.

Looks horrible, like something I want nothing to do with. Odd.

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Beauechly

#9 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

Why does race get brought up in every Kuechly thread? Seriously he may be ahead of Newton in getting race mentioned.

#10 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Shula Bowl Shuffle

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,944 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Why does race get brought up in every Kuechly thread? Seriously he may be ahead of Newton in getting race mentioned.

were you reading this board last spring?

#11 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

were you reading this board last spring?

Oh memories

#12 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I do understand the post....it never been about Jon V Luke so what is there to give a rest?

#13 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Damn white people

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jon Beason, Luke Kuechly, Alex Smith, Troll, Popcornpopper, grits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com