Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton: "i Was A Bad Teammate Last Year."

141 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Great article:

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--carolina-panthers-cam-newton-bad-teammate.html"]http://sports.yahoo....d-teammate.html[/url]

[quote]"I was very immature," Newton said when asked about his sometimes moody reaction as losses piled up. "I'll be the first one to tell you, the pouting and the moping, I kind of overdid it. I know that. I was a bad teammate. I shut off to some people who gave unbelievable effort. … That's where I have to mature." [/quote]

[quote]"I have to have the same mentality, but I have to go about it in a different way," Newton said of his emotions. "It's an overall maturity level that has to kick in. It's saying, 'OK, that was two plays ago that you threw that interception, now you have to let that go and get past that.' I can't be moping and crying about making a bonehead play when it was three series ago. That's the thing that I did that has to change." [/quote]He's trying to find and fix all of his flaws. :cam:

Posted · Report post

this should be intresting

Posted · Report post

Well good for him, I like that he knows what he needs to do to improve not only as a player but as a leader of the team.

Posted · Report post

Ima going to tweet him and tell him he was an awesome teamate after our Madden game we have scheduled.

I will post the summary tommorow!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TANTRIC-NINJA' timestamp='1338317325' post='1786159']
Ima going to tweet him and tell him he was an awesome teamate after our Madden game we have scheduled.

I will post the summary tommorow!!
[/quote]

Record it, take pictures, get some ironclad evidence that this actually happened.

Posted · Report post

Exactly the kinds of things I want to hear him saying... only he knows what his mood and intent was last season.

Just imagine what this team will be like when he becomes the unquestioned leader with the attitude and mentality to go with his athletic ability.

Posted · Report post

Fap

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet' timestamp='1338317528' post='1786165']

Record it, take pictures, get some ironclad evidence that this actually happened.
[/quote]

Im just going to enjoy it and not tell you about it!

...so...

NINJAHhHhahh!

Hhhh...

Ahhhh...

Posted · Report post

..eh..ahhh!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nc_biscuit' timestamp='1338317847' post='1786169']
Exactly the kinds of things I want to hear him saying... only he knows what his mood and intent was last season.

Just imagine what this team will be like when he becomes the unquestioned leader with the attitude and mentality to go with his athletic ability.
[/quote]

Sportin' wood just thinking about it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1338318503' post='1786174']
Fap
[/quote]

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m20xwhddBa1r3gb3zo1_400.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

finally, this is something he should be aware of. He was undoubtedly the leader of this team last year, he wore his emotions on his sleeve and it seemed like everyone followed that. I don't mind being cocky or whatever, but those dreadful second half lulls with 3-and-outs or turnovers have to be fixed if we plan on being a top team this year. I am relieved he can at least acknowledge this.