140 replies to this topic

#136 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

I like that suggesting anything even close to this last year got you flamed into the nether regions of the huddle. Heh.

Ironically enough, in this article Newton both validates and debunks some of his pre-draft criticism all at the same time.

There were predictions that he might be self-centered and immature. And in this piece, Newton says that's exactly what he was.

Said predictions, however, indicated he'd stay that way. But with his coming out and admitting it, there's every reason to believe he'll turn the corner and leave the bad stuff behind.

Becoming a success in professional football requires a special, selective type of amnesia. You have to be able to put the frustration of your recent mistakes behind you while still managing to hang on to the lessons you learned by making them. That might sound like an easy thing to do. Trust me, it isn't. And for football players with big egos (i.e. all of them) it's especially challenging.

Let's be honest. This was a weakness for Newton last year.

That's the bad news.

The good news is he recognizes that and - more to the point - is taking steps to correct it. That's extremely encouraging to see, and a very good sign that his next few years will show that his phenomenal rookie start was a foundation, not an anomaly.

#137 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

And on a related note, saying what he said to Steve Smith - especially as a rookie - is a sign of el balles grande.

#138 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,190 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

if they get banned they just create a new alt and start becoming more of an ass because they know they got what they wanted and they want to show they can do whatever they want and the huddle is powerless to stop it.

best thing to do is just put him on ignore or don't read his posts or read them and deal with it the way you do an annoying gnat...just ignore it because it's just a gnat.

Exactly.

And if all of the other people will stop quoting him, I will never have to read another worthless post by TRD again.

#139 mintal

mintal

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Every time you post like this a TRD gets their wings

Anybody got any hot sauce?

#140 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

is this news read it last night and was like....guh

#141 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

And on a related note, saying what he said to Steve Smith - especially as a rookie - is a sign of el balles grande.

ohhhh yeah. I was thinking the same thing.

IMO, it Smitty's response was more important than what Cam actually said.

For Smitty to take it to heart and work even harder because of a comment from a rookie QB speaks volumes of the kind of respect the players have for Cam. Kudos to Smitty for not taking offense. I just tried to imagine what kind of face Jimmy Clausen or Matt Moore would have if they made that kind of comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com