Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Armanti What If....

28 posts in this topic

Posted

What if the panthers used Armanti in some misdirection packages on special teams? He could be used in some "end arounds" to or from Pilares or some cross field passes to Pilares. Was just considering this after watching the Indy game again in which they ran an "end around" type play on a kickoff which was very effective.

I know most want Armanti gone and he's taking a roster spot from another WR with potential, such as Chris Manno. However, if this works on occasion, especially against a high powered team like the Saints*, it could give us a distinct advantage on the field position front.

Just an idea. Don't hate me forever.

Posted

vikings game 06 noooooooooooo

Posted

That may work once or twice a game. Defenses will pick up on it rather quickly. I'm not against gadget plays but I'm not against WR's that actually run routes, blocks and catch passes.

Posted

Maybe

Posted

Who?

Posted

Well, consider that teams would have to game plan for that wrinkle and account for both players in the event of a gadget.

Posted

Successful misdirection requires a credible threat.

Sadly, Armanti isn't exactly scaring anyone right now.

Posted

AE will succeed in the new USFL...maybe.

Posted

A wild Armanti thread appears..

Posted

The mistake here is that the multi- Payton award winner is running reverses instead slingin that somebeechin ball. He threw for 10,000 yards in college you know

Posted

What if...I walked out my door and waiting on me, were two naked super models ,ready and willing to entertain my nastiest desires, holding four trash bags full of thousand$ bills and they take me away to my own private island, on a flying dragon???? It could happen!

Posted

What if...I walked out my door and waiting on me, were two naked super models ,ready and willing to entertain my nastiest desires, holding four trash bags full of thousand$ bills and they take me away to my own private island, on a flying dragon???? It could happen!

That's happened to me before.

Well, except for the parts about the models, the money, the island and the dragon.

But I have walked out my door before. Several times, in fact.

1 person likes this