Photo
- - - - -

Job Advice.....to Lie Or Not To Lie....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#16 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

No I would not tell the full time employer anything about it. My only concern would be what happens if my full time job ask me to stay late, work additional hours etc... that interfere with my part time job. So I would let the part time job know.

I'm with DDII & Tensor on this one. Don't tell the Full Time, but let the Part Time know.

When I was in real estate, because it's so cyclic, I had a part time job as a Sales Associate for Dell Computer at Carolina Place Mall. I told them mright up front that I was a real estate agent. They said they were happy to work around my schedule.

#17 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I thought you were going to say something about lying on your resume. I had a friend that did that. It got him the job, and then after that he never had to lie again because he actually had experience. Risky? definitely, but it worked out well for him.

#18 ChefAdam

ChefAdam

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the advice.....I got the part time job and they are understanding of my schedule with my full time job.....They know that FT comes first. Its also good because i wont have to close every night either...Its a two to three hour difference....11pm or 230 am....

I ended up letting my full time job know.....my boss was I dont care as long as it does not interfere with here. As long as you are own time and can do the work....Im Cool with it......Its nice to know that not all people in management are asses