Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

A New Era For The Bobcats? Can It Happen Tonight?

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

I apologize to you guys because I know this is not the right forum for this. I really just wanted to ask you guys a couple of serious questions involving the Bobcats. I'm a huge NBA fan and I know that the Bobcats don't get any love in the NBA by fans or anything else much like the Carolina Panthers before Cam. To be honest I'm a Lakers fan and I been one my whole life but over the past couple of years I developed some love for the Bobcats and they are now my second favorite team. Are you guys hoping the Bobcats get the #1 overall pick tonight to land Anthony Davis? Do you guys think Anthony Davis can be the Cam Newton for the Bobcats?

#2 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

I hope we do get the #1 pick. And I hope Davis can be our "Cam" and make our city and fanbase "progress" even further.

Keep believing in and supporting our Bobcats

#3 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,102 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

What's an Anthony Davis

#4 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,379 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Davis would be huge for this franchise, I really hope we land the number one pick just so Barnes isn't even an option.

#5 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Even if they land Davis the issue will be how do you keep him after his rookie deal. Otherwise you become the Cleveland Cavaliers who landed James and lost him the minute he could bolt to a big market team. The problem with the Bobcats is similar to many small market teams in the NBA. They can't compete with the big market teams for the most part. That is different than the NFL where revenue sharing and hard caps have created more parity across the league.

So no the Bobcats no matter who they get won't have the long term success that Newton will have with the Panthers. For the next few years? Perhaps.....

#6 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

They should draft one of the Carolina players...

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Even if they land Davis the issue will be how do you keep him after his rookie deal. Otherwise you become the Cleveland Cavaliers who landed James and lost him the minute he could bolt to a big market team. The problem with the Bobcats is similar to many small market teams in the NBA. They can't compete with the big market teams for the most part. That is different than the NFL where revenue sharing and hard caps have created more parity across the league.

So no the Bobcats no matter who they get won't have the long term success that Newton will have with the Panthers. For the next few years? Perhaps.....

How has san antonio held on to tim duncan for so long?

#8 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Even if they land Davis the issue will be how do you keep him after his rookie deal. Otherwise you become the Cleveland Cavaliers who landed James and lost him the minute he could bolt to a big market team.

The Bobcats would be ecstatic to be a good team even if just for a few years.

#9 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,379 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Lebron could have left sooner than he did. He stayed in Cleveland from 2003 to 2010.

#10 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

You just have to win 4 NBA championships to keep them around forever.

#11 RunFasterJumpHigher

RunFasterJumpHigher

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

I have a weird feeling the Hornets are gonna get the 1st pick.

#12 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Like Anthony Davis, Tim Duncan is a once in a lifetime player.

Sad news bobcats fan, but with the fourth pick in the 2012 NBA draft the Charlotte bobcats select.........

#13 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

They have a great front office and head coach that surrounds Timmy with talent to compete every year. That is something all small markets must do (including the Panthers with Cam) if they intend to keep their stars around.

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

He is the exception to the rule. If you remember he stayed in school for all 4 years even when he would have gone number 1 after his junior year. I heard on Monday that he wasn't going to seek free agency and wanted to retire a Spur. How many guys aspire to play for 1 franchise their whole career and retire for them even if they could make more money elsewhere??

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Tim Duncan isn't a prima donna like a lot of other NBA players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.