Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smith And Lafell Starters At Wr

31 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Rivera-hopes-Gettis-can-fill-No-3-receiver-role-3596234.php

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Ron Rivera views Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell as his starting receivers. The Panthers' coach is anxious to see who steps up to claim the No. 3 spot.

Rivera hopes it will be David Gettis.

Posted

I hope it's Gettis as well!! Go Panters!

Posted

Lighting a fire under Gettis ass eh?

Posted

I don't think this comes as a surprise. Ideally Gettis is 2B and there is another guy that steps up. I would think Adams or perhaps Pilares breaks into some playing time.

Posted

I love how Rivera talks about players gaining positions as if it's not up to him, but to his principles. Fox loved and trusted certain players so they got to start and even if they sucked he still took them out for pizza after the game. Rivera needs certain qualifications to be met. Loving this coach.

Posted

RR is the second coming

Posted

There isn't anything that anybody here will argue about as far as this is concerned. Info has been put out.

/thread

Posted

steve smith our #1?!?!?!?!? guy is just too old.

Posted

This makes sense. I'm more curious about who our #4 WR will be. Pilares? Adams? Manno?!

Posted

Big year for LaFell, can he step up and prove to be a solid number two for years to come? Possibly a number one? He has improved since day one so much

Posted

This makes sense. I'm more curious about who our #4 WR will be. Pilares? Adams? Manno?!

mehh. last year how often do you remember 4 WR sets, or seeing anyone other than Smitty, Lafell, Naanee?

Posted

This is what it should have been week one last year but this is good news I think Gettis will have a season like LaFell had last year...and LaFell will have a breakout year ppl going to learn his name outta the Carolinas guy has talent.