Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlotte bobcats Bobcats 1st Round-Pick #2 SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

182 posts in this topic

Posted

Jason Kidd is a 34% career 3-point shooter. The last 2 seasons he averaged 34% & 35%. He had 2 or 3 seasons, out of 17, that he shot well. That's mediocre. MKG won't be blowing by guys in the NBA. Now he'll be playing guys bigger, faster, & stronger than him. They won't let him drive to the hole. They will play off him & let him brick jumpers with his atrocious form & release.

If your argument is to draft MKG because 10 years from now he will have a decent jumpshot I guess you win.

Posted

lol, good luck convincing him with that. I gave him about a bunch of names but he just refuses to accept that his poorly constructed argument is unequivocally wrong

Some people can't handle the truth.

Posted

Jason Kidd is a 34% career 3-point shooter. The last 2 seasons he averaged 34% & 35%. He had 2 or 3 seasons, out of 17, that he shot well. That's mediocre. MKG won't be blowing by guys in the NBA. Now he'll be playing guys bigger, faster, & stronger than him. They won't let him drive to the hole. They will play off him & let him brick jumpers with his atrocious form & release.

If your argument is to draft MKG because 10 years from now he will have a decent jumpshot I guess you win.

You are blatantly cherry-picking stats, Jason Kidd may have fallen off slightly as a shooter the last couple of seasons (he's 39)but the 2 seasons before that he shot 41% and 42%.

Also, 34% on threes is nowhere near mediocre, especially if you are taking a lot of them. Ray Allen hit 36% one year, is he now a mediocre shooter? Kevin Durant is a 36% career 3 point shooter, is he mediocre at it? Kobe is a 33% shooter, is he mediocre? Melo hits 32%

The greatest shooting big man of all time, Dirk Nowitzki, last 5 seasons from 3 point range:

36%

Posted

lol, I'm done with this. I dont even like MKG that much, but the idea that a guy cant develop a jumpshot if he doesnt have one at 18 is ridiculous. I feel like this right now-

duty_calls.png

1 person likes this

Posted

This is our guy. Good Call Chuck.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hes not a good shooter but damn its not like he is amnemic like some of you people are making him out to be.

Posted

MKG's per 40's are pretty good in my opinion

MKG Per 40

15.3 points per game

9.5 rebounds per game

2.4 assists per game

1.3 assists per game

1.2 blocks per game

Posted

Still boarding?

Posted

MKG's per 40's are pretty good in my opinion

MKG Per 40

15.3 points per game

9.5 rebounds per game

2.4 assists per game

1.3 assists per game

1.2 blocks per game

Those are solid numbers.

Posted

The only professional teams that exist in the state of NC now as far as I'm concerned are the Hurricanes and Panthers.

Don't care how you feel about it.

Posted

He plays defense, one thing we didn't do at all last year.

I also feel like people are underrating Gerald Henderson/Ben Gordon, and are forgetting/selling short Kemba Walker.

Posted

MKG is a good passer as well, it will ease the transition for kemba to start at point