Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy Clausen Showing Improvement?

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Still dont get all the Clausen hate. The guy never had a chance put into the position he was his first year.

Newton would have looked like a turd under J Fox as well.

Yea it would have been the pro bowl game every week.

Posted

I like how people say, "Clausen never had a chance to succeed."

Maybe I could understand that for someone like Bradford who was actually successful at college. But Clausen was never very good at Notre Dame, that is why he fell to the 2nd round. The only reason people liked him is because he played in a prostyle offense. But he has a very limited skillset and lacks the ability to get the ball down the field. He basically just threw up jumpers to Floyd and Tate a lot.

Besides, the coaching staff had nothing to do with Clausen making some of the pitiful throws he made in 2010. He threw some absolute floaters. Maybe he can be a decent backup but he will never be a good starter in the NFL. I knew that when he came out. He just lacks the talent.

Posted

he's just not good. I don't hate him for it

Posted

In my opinion David Carr was worse, at least Jimmy attempted to make the throws; Carr was to scared to even make difficult throws.

Posted

I hope Clausen continues to improve and stays here to be Cam's backup. I'd rather have a steady backup who knows the system than some random vet we bring in ever other season.

Posted

Meh, I'll wait until training camp or pre-season and reserve judgement.

Posted

What a bunch of idiots.

you guys want to keep a handful of great running backs and would never want to trade one, but are so insecure I suppose about Cam, that all you can do is hate on our backup QB and if he does get better, can only think of trading him. No way we can have two good QB's, what are you afraid of? Having good backups at every postion could be critical.

Insecurity is showing

Are we going to a two QB system or something?

Posted

was going to neg rep you but was some how unable :blink:

Posted

The NFL is by nature a 2-3 qb system, a 5 RB system, a 9 OLineman system, etc.

Posted

I like how people say, "Clausen never had a chance to succeed."

Maybe I could understand that for someone like Bradford who was actually successful at college. But Clausen was never very good at Notre Dame, that is why he fell to the 2nd round. The only reason people liked him is because he played in a prostyle offense. But he has a very limited skillset and lacks the ability to get the ball down the field. He basically just threw up jumpers to Floyd and Tate a lot.

Besides, the coaching staff had nothing to do with Clausen making some of the pitiful throws he made in 2010. He threw some absolute floaters. Maybe he can be a decent backup but he will never be a good starter in the NFL. I knew that when he came out. He just lacks the talent.

He shredded teams his junior season. Absolutely shredded them. He was fantastic at ND, but he acquired the 'doesn't know how to win' tag because he didn't play MLB as well as QB. That D was fuging awful.

Posted

we have to remember that Cam is a mobile qb...he's big, but he's gonna take a lot of hits that most

qb's won't. The possibility of injury is certainly there, so having 2 qb's who know the system and are

ready to step in is a bonus. Clausen can only improve.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds like a "let's get good news out there so we can trade Jimmy" story.