Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Jimmy Clausen Showing Improvement?

61 posts in this topic

I really don't think that Jimmy was ever fully embraced here. I don't think the fans, coaches, or other players wanted him. You can't go from having a great all around awesome guy like Jake Delhomme to having a guy who comes off as a spoiled rich douche.

He was DOA. Never really had the support or cast Cam has. Davidson's play calling was infant like. Fox threw away the season with his late career "I don't give a fug" attitude. It was a circus. I don't blame the guy for not succeeding. I hope he finds a new home somewhere and I honestly hope the best for him. Should he be released or traded.

2 people like this

To be fair, Clausen was thrown to the wolves his rookie year by a coach who didn't care and an offensive system that was not molded to his talents.

Just how Matt Moore was for us and then how he was for the Dolphins (aka how he looked at the end of season for us one year when we thought he could actually be a starter).

Moore's stats were fairly impressive for how bad I thought he was after 2010. Is Clausen an amazing QB? No. Will he turn a locker room to his favor by simply existing? No.

Will he attach himself as a backup somewhere and one day randomly start a game a few years from now so we can make topics about him LOLing at how badly he does because, again, he will never be in a system that caters to his needs like someone would do for a starter?

Hell yeah... Hell yeah.

We all know the absurd circumstances from 2010. It's history though, no sense thinking what could have been. We need to get what we can for clausen or just cut him, this year. That's a roster spot that could be used elsewhere, he didn't even dress last year. No matter how jimmy turns out, his career here was doomed from the start.

We all know the absurd circumstances from 2010. It's history though, no sense thinking what could have been. We need to get what we can for clausen or just cut him, this year. That's a roster spot that could be used elsewhere, he didn't even dress last year. No matter how jimmy turns out, his career here was doomed from the start.

Yup let's cut that third string QB who isn't earning much. Let's replace him with some other third string QB who won't earn much but doesn't know the playbook.

You have to have three QBs. We've learnt the risk of carrying two in the past.

I say support him. The better he becomes, the better our team will be for the forseeable future. You never can be to deep at quarterback. If you are deep at QB you end up having some great trade pieces. (i.e...Philadelphia)

I don't wish bad on him certainly.. But he is too small, and doesn't have the instincts to overcome it (i.e. Brees) He will never be a good pocket passer in this league, or play maker in general..

Yup let's cut that third string QB who isn't earning much. Let's replace him with some other third string QB who won't earn much but doesn't know the playbook.

Oh yeah? How long should we keep him hanging around for then?

I say support him. The better he becomes, the better our team will be for the forseeable future. You never can be to deep at quarterback. If you are deep at QB you end up having some great trade pieces. (i.e...Philadelphia)

You are so telling the truth..Didn't Texas prove that last season when they had to go three deep with their QB? And he help them go 9 straight until they played u guys.

Still dont get all the Clausen hate. The guy never had a chance put into the position he was his first year.

Newton would have looked like a turd under J Fox as well.

Clausen had a better OL, Double Trouble and Smitty.....AND a much better defense.

Clausen sucked.

Let's replace him with a QB who actually has the skill set and potential to fit the offense.

Doesn't matter if Clausen knows the playbook

1 person likes this