#32 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hurney called Pep's bluff, and lost. It's that simple.

it was a no-win

it was either that fiasco or let him walk and people would probably be even more pissed than they were.

#33 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Our dumbass FO made it so we couldn't resign/extend Stew.

To do so would commit about 25 or more million per year to the offensive backfield, including Cam after he resigns, which will be during the 2013/2014 season offseason.

Pure silliness.

#34 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Sorry, I was wrong, the cap hit would most likely be well above 32 million for Cam, Stew, and DWill, during the 2014 season, maybe more.

#35 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

it was a no-win

it was either that fiasco or let him walk and people would probably be even more pissed than they were.

It was not a no win. Peppers said many times he wanted out, Hurney wouldn't listen, Pep then started sabotaging the process. Hurney got played.

P.S. It is not Hurney's job to worry about what the fans think, his job is to field a championship level football team.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

How would letting otah go not help?

how would it help? dude's barely making over 1mil this year. can't really see the benefit of letting him go without at least seeing how he can do through the offseason and if he can win his spot back from bell.

#37 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,303 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

It was not a no win. Peppers said many times he wanted out, Hurney wouldn't listen, Pep then started sabotaging the process. Hurney got played.

P.S. It is not Hurney's job to worry about what the fans think, his job is to field a championship level football team.

peppers sabotaged the process the moment he went public with it dude. that was also the last year of his contract and a trade wasn't going to happen unless he was franchised. yes it's true in retrospect that perhaps letting him walk in the first place or rescinding the tag after he refused to sign would have been the better idea but it sure as poo didn't look like the smart thing then.

there's no confirmed story about what was going on prior to peppers going public about it after the 2009 playoffs. we can assume stuff based on the contract he turned down after the 2007 season but none of the "connected" people even were talking about it that way then.

#38 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

If Stewart wants to stay AND Hurney wants him here they will pay the man...we are talking about Marty Hurney. The guy has no problem paying for players that he wants to stick around. I wouldn't be surprised if we took the newly aquired cap space (7.5 million?) and tried to get a deal done soon.

#39 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Man that dwill deal happened last season, get over it. I was mad about it too, but it didn't change poo. Besides we needed him. We have stew this season atleast, which is why i feel we need to make it count.

The defense is a far bigger concern than our backfield.

#40 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Didn't CJ make something crazy like $34MM this year? That has to be front loaded money.

#41 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,303 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Didn't CJ make something crazy like $34MM this year? That has to be front loaded money.

yep $34 million or thereabout. most of that is signing bonus. it sounds like a huge number but his cap hit for 2012 is supposed to be like $10 million.

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

I love Stewart. But, if this team commits that much cap space in the RB position, it will be a HUGE long term mistake.

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

I love Stewart. But, if this team commits that much cap space in the RB position, it will be a HUGE long term mistake.

not if it's working.

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,495 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Why are people worrying about this now?

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,495 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

How would letting otah go not help?

How would it? Are you talking about Cap space? If so, he's due to earn like a Million if that. Are you talking about Position? Otah hasn't played his position in two years. Hasn't hurt Stewarts numbers at all. He's still behind D-will.

Not sure I understand your question.

Do you want to let Otah go, or not? :huh:

I really don't see how this ties in with Stewart other than he's a Linemen and a team mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.