61 replies to this topic

#1 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

I would.

There are managers woho pay contractors more than their own salary. I dont think it'd be ridiculous if we ended up having to pay chud more to stay as an oc.

Rivera's a defensive coach so it helps to have a really competent oc that allows rivera to concentrate on dc.

I hate that we lost del rio all those years ago. If we're willing to pay our homegrown talent so much then we should pay our successful coaches whatever it takes to keep them.

Kind of unlikely though, if chud makes more rivera will probably get a raise too.

#2 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Chud is overrated around these parts. Cam is just that good.

#3 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,287 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

No. If he leaves after this season, he leaves. You do know it's not ONLY about the money, some coaches just want to move on to bigger things and run their own ship.

#4 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Wow, talk about premature talks.

#5 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Likely wouldn't come down to just money.

Any team that has to resort to paying a coordinator more than a head coach has failed.

Besides, chud needs to be consistently good. He had one good year in Cleveland as an OC and one here in nonetheless still a losing season. Let's see how next year plays out first.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

no. i'd give them both raises to keep them around.

and saying that chud is overrated around here.....meh. players seems to talk about him just as highly but whatever. huddle experts know all.

#7 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

chud is a huge reason why cam has success along with the other players we have on the offense

#8 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,356 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Is Chud more important than Rivera, the HC? NO.
Though Chud has done a wonderful job of using Cam's abilities, Cam can be succesfull w/o Chud. There will be a number of OCs willing and potentially able of have the same success with Cam.

We all know how important HC's are around the league. Having a great HC and QB goes a long way in this league. So far Rivera seems to have all the qualities of being a great HC.

Paying an OC more than a HC just to keep the OC seems like a panic move and unbecoming of a good, strong franchise.

#9 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

No.

#10 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Chud is not overrated. He did wonders for cam clearly, and I definitely believe he is a good OC.

Let's be honest here though. John fox and his cronies never gave two shits about grooming a quarterback or playing to their strengths. When rivera and chud came in that was like some strange concept from outer space compared to what we had on staff previously.

#11 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Cam makes Chud look really really good. If you think we would have the same success with Clausen or Anderson or 85% of the other QB's in the league then you are wrong. However he had done a good job. But paying him more than the HC? No I think that just stupid. That's creating a Mike Martz situation.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

Is Chud more important than Rivera, the HC? NO.
Though Chud has done a wonderful job of using Cam's abilities, Cam can be succesfull w/o Chud. There will be a number of OCs willing and potentially able of have the same success with Cam.

We all know how important HC's are around the league. Having a great HC and QB goes a long way in this league. So far Rivera seems to have all the qualities of being a great HC.

Paying an OC more than a HC just to keep the OC seems like a panic move and unbecoming of a good, strong franchise.

would the next OC be as good with cam and use his talents as well? maybe...maybe not. why mess with a good thing? if it ain't broke, don't f*ck it up.

do what it takes to keep him around. the next OC might try to get cam to fit into a mold he shouldn't or won't give him a system to play in that brings out the best in him and the rest of the players in the offense.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

I see Chud and Rivera given a lot of credit, but I think Mike Shula deserves a hell of a lot of credit as well. One of my friends is a Jaguars fans (I know right), and he said that a lot of fans really wish that Shula still worked for Jacksonville.

#14 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,071 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Who picked Chud?

Who picked Cam?

Who got Steve Smith to buy in and stay?

Who sets the tone of the entire team, where excuses aren't tolerated and nothing short of a title is the goal every year?

Who has players showing up early and staying late to voluntary workouts in droves?

Who decided that defying conventional wisdom about a rookie quarterback and how to develop one was the best plan of action, and unleashed the best rookie QB the league has ever seen?

Who was a key cog on one of the greatest championship teams of all time?

Who has had outstanding success and good working relationships in his entire coaching career with the barest of drama?

Ron. Mother. Fugging. Rivera.

If Chud ever leaves Ron will find someone with the same philosophy and we'll keep rolling, because our current scheme is the one he advocated for.

#15 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,402 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'd make chud the highest paid coordinator in the league....while also extending Rivera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.