Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Donald LaFell

would you pay chud more than rivera?

62 posts in this topic

Cam makes Chud look really really good. If you think we would have the same success with Clausen or Anderson or 85% of the other QB's in the league then you are wrong. However he had done a good job. But paying him more than the HC? No I think that just stupid. That's creating a Mike Martz situation.

Is Chud more important than Rivera, the HC? NO.

Though Chud has done a wonderful job of using Cam's abilities, Cam can be succesfull w/o Chud. There will be a number of OCs willing and potentially able of have the same success with Cam.

We all know how important HC's are around the league. Having a great HC and QB goes a long way in this league. So far Rivera seems to have all the qualities of being a great HC.

Paying an OC more than a HC just to keep the OC seems like a panic move and unbecoming of a good, strong franchise.

would the next OC be as good with cam and use his talents as well? maybe...maybe not. why mess with a good thing? if it ain't broke, don't f*ck it up.

do what it takes to keep him around. the next OC might try to get cam to fit into a mold he shouldn't or won't give him a system to play in that brings out the best in him and the rest of the players in the offense.

1 person likes this

I see Chud and Rivera given a lot of credit, but I think Mike Shula deserves a hell of a lot of credit as well. One of my friends is a Jaguars fans (I know right), and he said that a lot of fans really wish that Shula still worked for Jacksonville.

Who picked Chud?

Who picked Cam?

Who got Steve Smith to buy in and stay?

Who sets the tone of the entire team, where excuses aren't tolerated and nothing short of a title is the goal every year?

Who has players showing up early and staying late to voluntary workouts in droves?

Who decided that defying conventional wisdom about a rookie quarterback and how to develop one was the best plan of action, and unleashed the best rookie QB the league has ever seen?

Who was a key cog on one of the greatest championship teams of all time?

Who has had outstanding success and good working relationships in his entire coaching career with the barest of drama?

Ron. Mother. Fugging. Rivera.

If Chud ever leaves Ron will find someone with the same philosophy and we'll keep rolling, because our current scheme is the one he advocated for.

7 people like this

I'd make chud the highest paid coordinator in the league....while also extending Rivera.

2 people like this

I'd make chud the highest paid coordinator in the league....while also extending Rivera.

i'd also make sure that rivera was paid more just to keep things in their proper perspective as far as ranking goes and also as appreciation for making sure he had the best coaching staff possible.

not sure why anyone would argue or gripe about how much it cost to pull it off. it's not like it's their money or it effects the cap.

give us two winning seasons in a row then we will talk......

1 person likes this

I would say no, and if Chud leaves, promote from within. Shula would be a a great OC, he knows Cam's strengths and weaknesses and could maximize his strengths and sharpen his weaknesses, just like he has been doing already. He already pushes Cam, and Cam responds well. Why would we have a new OC to come in and change things up, maybe he wants to put his own ideas of how to get Cam to the next level and it might not bode well. And if we overlooked Shula, he most likely would leave with Chud to be and OC under Chud for another team. If Chud wants to walk, let him. We have Shula next man up.

i'd also make sure that rivera was paid more just to keep things in their proper perspective as far as ranking goes and also as appreciation for making sure he had the best coaching staff possible.

not sure why anyone would argue or gripe about how much it cost to pull it off. it's not like it's their money or it effects the cap.

I figured that was a given. ;)